Jan 16, 2023

Nightwatcher (TMNT 2007 Raphael) a rant

 Raphael has had a couple of "secret identities" throughout the multiverse. I could point out the time he pretended to be Shredder.

It wouldn't be a bad variant figure, but I'm not here to suggest yet another Shredder that happens to be a turtle. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not curious at what a vintagized Raph as Shredder shredder would look like.

Nope! Bad Nefty! That's a rant for another day! We're here today to discuss the Nightwatcher, or how Raphael pretends to be a Batman knock-off whose shape has a familiar profile.

I can't quite put my finger on who does he look like but Somebody once told me...
Seriously, the Nightwatcher has a Shrek-like shape. But hyper emo vigilante Raph seems like a good variant for Super7. I mean, he wouldn't be THAT hard to do, right? 
Let's see if we can "vintage Playmates-ize" Nightwatcher!

Obviously, the masked head is new. The second head could be a normal Raph head. Personally, while not Movie Accurate, I would like a Raph head with no bandana and Dark make up like Robert Pattinson's Batman. With that said, I'd expect a vintage head. (Heavy Metal Raph head would work for the unhelmeted head.)
Hands and feet could be from Raph the Space Case. 
Everything else would have to be new. So it could be made with a little battle damage to have that Playmates feel. But if Super7 wants to capture the Playmates feel, they could sculpt the thighs like TouchDown Leo, the arms from shogun Michelangelo of all figures with new shoulderpads.

For accessories he's kinda easy:
2 black manrikigusari (chained balls)
2 manrikugusari with real chains.
2 black Sai
1 extra head
4 extra hands
Onion and squid ink pizza slice... 

Personally, I'd prefer a Nightwatcher Raph over Space Case. The reason is that Space Case feels more like a Donatello variant than a Raphael variant. Not to mention that it's the best variant from the 2007 movie. Then again his competition is Leonardo with a soft goods cloak and Cowabunga Carl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment