Nov 2, 2021

The Eternals drama is really something...

 Have you seen the trailer for The Eternals? I did and I kinda don't care about the movie. It just doesn't click with me. To be fair, even the comic book versions didn't click with me. Which pretty much has been the general sentiment towards The Eternals.
"Boring, insipid, Zack Snyder-esque" have been terms that are used to describe this movie. So far it's the only rotten MCU movie according to Rotten Tomatoes.

Now, the spin-doctoring is clinging on "homophobia" and "racism" to dismiss all negativity towards the movie. Now, let's get something out of the way:
Yes there will be actual people downvoting the movie for racist and/or homophobic reasons... the problem here is not that. The problem is that actual critics are split and the Mouse is trying its hardest to sink negative reviews. Now pretty much everyone is writing on how trolls are reviewbombing Eternals because they're "racist" or "homophobic", yet most of the negativity I've seen lies in the movie being boring and how the Eternals themselves make no sense... protecting the Earth by not interfering? 


Oh look! They had to mention Spider-Man on a trailer just to get any relevance... 
To be fair everyone has forgotten the Inhumans, which was another stinker. I honestly can't say that I'm excited for this. So I can't fully believe the "racist homophobes" are review bombing Eternals when the paid critics are torn on the issue... I guess I'll find out once it's free on Disney+...

No comments:

Post a Comment