Nov 24, 2021

Ridley Scott is super out of touch with reality

 First he bitched about the MCU being boring and that he makes better superhero movies... newsflash he hasn't made any superhero movie... or a not boring movie in 20+ years. Seriously, when you're  the guy who made Alien: Covenant and Prometheus, you kinda lose any credibility to bitch about other movies... also, let's remember that one of his hits was a flop when it came out and it was during multiple "versions" of a Dorectoe's cut that it became a hit and the "good version of the film" was released in 2007, 25 years after it flopped. Also, also, Gladiator is not a good movie...

But that's not why I'm here to rant about. I'm going to rant about Ridley Scott's latest meltdown regarding his latest flop. Before I continue, I better make something clear... Ridley Scott's biggest problem is bad scripts. The guy made a snoozefest out of Robin Hood. How can you screw up Robin Hood!? With a bad script, that's how.  But a so-so script can be saved by an Actor's performance... like say, Tim Curry as Darkness in Legend.

So, back on topic: Ridley Scott's The Last Duel is underperforming. He blames Millennials... you know, people born between 1980-1994... people who are from 26-41. Something about their cellphones being the reason they don't care about his movie... Well, that's some grade A-Bullshit, since first, Gen Z is the generation that was latched to a smartphone since childhood. Millennials, especially the younger ones only had those old indestructible nokias whose greatest achievement was playing Snake. They graduated to flip phones at the start of Junior High... also, Most Millennials are OVER THIRTY FUCKING YEARS OLD!!


The trailer looks boring as fuck! Only history nerds and medieval fantasy folks would show a slight interest on this... and even then, they'd tread carefully because of the name Ridley Scott... Gladiator has aged badly and Robin Hood was boring as hell... I guess that admitting that I fell asleep watching it wouldn't help hos case.

I had seen the trailers long before I got entangled in Greater responsibilities, and I wasn't to hyped for the movie. Sadly the local family run theater closed a while back and had it been open, I wouldn't have gone seen this there. After Robin Hood and The Martian (where I also fell asleep), I swore not to watch a Ridley Scott movie in theaters.

Also, it's coming to Disney+ in December... why pay extra to watch it at a movie theater if I already have Disney+... and I'm able to watch it on a cellphone, just to spite Ridley Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment