Nov 30, 2021

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, a rant

 I have commented that I've been watching JoJo on Netflix. On December 1st starts part 6 starring Jotaro Kujo's daughter. This means that I have been binge watching Golden Wind to catch up... well, as of the time of me writing this rant, I still have 3 episodes to go. Fuck Giorno Giovana, Fuck Dio, Fuck this boring ass part sideways! To say I hate Golden Wind is the understatement of the century. So, Giorno is a bastard child of Dio. A Dio Jr. Is running the streets and Jotaro sends Koichi Hirose... let's roll da ho! I mean clip!


That Koichi... so he goes to Italy, meets Dio Jr who twlls him that he wants to become the Godfather in order to stop the drug trade in Italy... so Koichi leaves and tells Jotaro to forget about Dio Jr. Then the whole Son of Dio thing is no longer relevant. Giorno gets recruited into the mob that happens to be the only famiglia in Italy to have stand users... because joJo. So Giorno gets recruited by Bruno Buccellati and his inferior Stardust Crusaders. They get a Mission to deliver the Boss's daughter to the boss at a safe place while being hunted by stand using traitors. Buccellati betrays the boss at the last minute because the boss wanted to kill his own daughter. One dude from the crew stays behind because reasons and is never heard from again. Now they're on the run from the boss while hunting down the boss and Polnareff shows up talking about aliens and now they need the arrow that gave people stands in part 4 to create a super stand to stop The Boss who has a Za Warudo v.2.0...  


The plot has a couple of points that lead nowhere. Son of Dio, very little pay-off. Fugo abandoning the team to stay with the famiglia led nowhere. Even Buccellati's bizarre condition was made an even bigger deal than it truly was. But my biggest issue is Giorno Giovana himself... he was a side character in his own series. The protagonist was Buccellati, not Giorno. Unlike say, Joseph Joestar, whose attitude becomes endearing.

It's  not BAAAAAD, it's just that it doesn't "click" with me. I kept watching hoping it wiuld get better but it never did... I watched the final 3 episodes I had to watch and they were pretty underwhelming... no real resolutions, the villain wasn't that great. I may have opened up to oart 4... blame Act 3, some of the music and the guy who faps to the Mona Lisa...



 Hopefully part 6 is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment