Dec 17, 2019

Advent calendar ICFTTC 17: Walgreens triple dipper #01 Dani Moonstar

Seems that Walgreens is going to use a triple dipping tactic for their new Marvel Legends exclusives. The first of these Triple Dippers is Dani Moonstar on spring or summer 2020 the Stepford Cuckoos are coming  as the next Triple Dippers.

So, Dani Moonstar:
Cheyenne, Mutant, power to make visions of people's fears and desires into illusions.
Karma: Hey Kitty, wanna bump uglies?
Kitty: Sorry, I don't swing that way...
Colossus: BLYAT!

Karma:
Vietnamese, Mutant, power to possess people and able to control them with limited telepathic abilities.  The latter are a side effect of her "possession power".

Wolfsbane:
Scottish, Mutant, lycanthrope.

These are the three characters you get when buying 3 Dani Moonstar figures.

Articulation:
 Moonstar has the standard female body so she has standard articulation. Sadly this articulation is awful for bow and arrow poses and she uses those. The articulation works pretty good for Karma. For Wolf's Rain I wish her torso could have a bit more movement closer to an app crunch. But sadly for triple Dippers some sacrifices must be made.
4.0
Karma: (Even if I have to use Colossus,
 I'm banging Kitty tonight!)

Paint and sculpt:
They shared the same body since they're supposed to be wearing the same uniform. The scale and sculptural differences between the characters are ignored since they are part of a triple Dipper figure.
4.0

Accessories:
Here's the tough part. There are plenty of parts to make 3 characters. At the same time each character gets practically nothing. So there is a bit of a conundrum on how to rate her. If we when I get technical only wolfsbane gets shortchanged here.
5.0
Cannoball: Aren't you a bit short for Wolfsbame?
Wolfsbane: Yeah, but at least I have legs!

Overall:
 The Dani Moonstar figure gets a 4.33 as her final score. I will not rate Karma and wolfsbane as individual characteristics they are merely add-ins to the Dani Moonstar figure.  if I did every character would suffer a reasonable loss in their ratings. And in the end that's the problem with multi Dipper characters sacrifices must be made.

Sure some people might say that instead of getting it 3 inaccurate figures it would be better just to get one accurate figure, but the problem is that some of these exclusive and warming pegs. I only saw Emma Frost twice after I bought her from an Asian seller I actually got lucky when I saw two Dani Moonstar that I ended up grabbing for obvious reasons. The third was acquired by my brother.

I see the idea of multi-vapor is as a way to avoid Walgreens getting stuck with an ocean of Magiks.

1 comment: