Dec 24, 2019

Advent calendar ICFTTC 24: It's Neeson Season!!

don't know who you are but release the Kraken!!
I see you can see it's Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars The Phantom Menace. The only reason he's coming out of the toy chest is simply because he's from episode 1 and episode 9 came out a few days ago.  sadly I didn't have a Jesus Kenobi so Zeus is the best we've got.


Qui-Gon Jinn is the reason why we have the entirety of the Star Wars saga. If he hadn't stumbled into Anakin Skywalker in tattooing none of The Saga of whatever actually happened. Stupid Jedi that talks to a Venus razor...
Qui Gonn: You will let me pass.
Logan: Do I look like Gandalf to you?
Qui Gonn: Is this even working?
Logan: Listen, bub! I've met Jedi before and I know about their little mind tricks... Don't even try to use your glowstick, because my bones are tougher than Beskar.

Articulation 
As a Star Wars Black Series figure he's very articulated; slightly less so than Marvel Legends or the lightning collection figures. His articulation is functional but some Jedi poses cannot be made due to the sculpt.
4.0

Paint and sculpt 
Thankfully his likeness is pretty good. It's not perfect but  you can clearly see it's Liam Neeson...  I mean Qui-Gon Jinn. Sorry I've got the  Neeson season song in my head... especially the part where they're dissing Phantom Menace.
I'm surprised to not see any cloth Parts in this figure. I mean actual cloth for the robes Etc but everything is sculpted which is cooler in my book.
4.5

Accessories 
Extra hand
Lightsaber

I gotta be honest here I kind of wish he had an extra hand with the Venus razor sculpted in it. Honestly there isn't that you could add to make him pop.
4.0

Overall:
Qui-Gon gets out 4.17 as his final score. Honestly there's not that much I can say about the figure. So far he's the only prequel character I own. Unfortunately I missed out on mannequin Skywalker and the Jesus Kenobi. But there isa character that I definitely will get if hesa made.

Is Qui-Gonn going for a
Jesus Challenge?
With this I end up 2019's Advent Calendar... and I still got a few toys left... Oh well, sone of them might become 2020 AC ICFTTC reviews... others will get the standard review...
I wanted to do some MOTUC reviews, but Super7 was late... again!

No comments:

Post a Comment