Dec 18, 2019

Advent calendar ICFTTC #18: ReMind me why I kept this KH Mickey

When I reviewed the Diamond Select Kingdom Hearts Sora, Micley, and Axel... got it memorized... I was disappointed by the sculpt and articulation. Well for some reason I kept a Mickey and Dusk 2 pack I don't know it's time for it to come out of the toy chest.
Just Google King Mickey Kingdom Hearts so you can get an idea on who he is because explaining Kingdom Hearts can be a bit painful. But basically Mickey is a keyblade wielder so he can travel through worlds locking and unlocking the heart of the Worlds... dusk is a common type nobody enemy. A nobody is basically the opposite of a heartless. I can just Google Kingdom Hearts nobodies and heartless so you can get a much better explanation than I could ever do.
Dusk has two word for you

Basically this set is a keyblade wielding Mickey and an enemy for Mickey to beat the crap out of.

I don't feel like Redoing Mickey, so here's the other Mickey's review.
The only real difference is the Keyblade... The one this Mickey has is one that Sora uses.... ah, That's why I bought this shitty figure...

Let's talk about Dusk:
I can't fully do their freaky
Pose...

Articulation:
Incredibly enough dusk is very well-articulated for a  packed in accessory. While due to budget constraints some Corners were cut on dusk, the articulation is pretty functional and the budget-cutting  articulation cuts help sell the freaky nature of this type of nobody
4.0

Paint and sculpt 
The paint applications on this figure art minimal and are decently made. There is little to no sloppy paint jobs or bleeding paint applications on it. The scope is not necessarily perfect but its functional.  again the diamond side toys are in an Americanized Style.
4.5
Now Sora has a Keyblade...

Accessories:
Clear Stand
Dusk has a clear stand because the figure is a bit top-heavy and prone to fall. It can stand on its own with some creative posing.
3.0

Overall:
Dusk gets a 3.83 as his final score. Combined with Mickey's theoretical 3.5 since Dusk is technically Mickey's Accessory. We use some fancy methematics and the 2pack's overall score is...
3.67 which is a decent score for a barely articulated figure 2-pack. I shall hand these over to my brother, because he likes them way more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment