Dec 31, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Advent calendar bonus round: JEAN!! SCOTT!! BLANKA!?

didn't review the Hulk vs Wolverine 2 pack, so to ammend that mistake, I'll review the contents of a BBTS Pile of Loot order that miraculously arrived before Christmas... but after the Advent calendar was finished.
 this was a small pile of loot thanks again to super7 being super tardy.

You may have figured out from the title I'm going to be reviewing the Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Wolverine 3 pack and Sh figuarts Blanka.

 Scott Summers is a dick. I've already mentioned that his code name cyclops in French is slang for dick. Well this dick shoots energy beams from his eyes.  now he has a bomber jacket.

Jean Grey she can do telepathy telekinesis and sometimes she's a host to a Firebird of Destruction...

Who really needs a birthday clean pair Canadian with anger issues and stabby things that come out of his hands.

Blanka is just a boy name to Jimmy woo crash landed in Brazil and somehow I grew up Green and can generate electricity that shoots out of his body.  originating in Street Fighter 2.

If I go by alphabetical I would have to start with Blanka.

Articulation
Blanka is built on a slightly larger figuarts body. Unfortunately his larger Mass limits some arm and leg articulation.  don't get me wrong he is highly articulated and can make many of his in-game poses.  it's just that is bulky size Dawson lead his arms to be accommodated properly for certain poses.
4.5

Paint and sculpt 
They are very little faint apps on him but they are efficient. He's mostly molded in appropriate color Plastics. While this blank is based on his Street Fighter V appearance he has to look pretty much the same in every game he's been in.
The only tiny nitpick I have is that his head is hold onto his neck by a flimsy looking peg and his head it is a rather heavy piece with his long hair. Other than that he's freaking awesome!!
5.0

Accessories 
2 extra hands
1 extra faceplate
1 electrocuted Ryu 2D piece
1 electrocuted Chun Li 2D piece
Stand for the 2D piecezls
4.5
Possible breakage point...

Overall
Blanka gets a 4.67 as his final score. I got to say the lack of hands and faceplates it hurt him a little bit. Hell he doesn't even have electricity effects. This would be like Ryu not having a Hadouken or Chun-Li not having her lightning leg. So, I ordered the "Soul explosion" effect (possibly a Knock-off due to the NECA Plastic smell on a "bandai" item.) to simulate his Alpha Electricity effect... Might buy some Electric effects at a later date.
Blanka: Awooo!
Ken: My car!!

Previously on X-Men:




Let's keep going!
Cyclops: Jean!
Jean: Scott!
Wolverine: Shut up, Bub!

Articulation:
Wolverine is literally a repaint of  nearly every Wolverine figure that has graced this blog.
Cyclops is literally the Warlock wave Cyclops with the Old Man Logan jacket.
Jean is the sa.e as the other Jean with new heads and biceps...
In other words there is nothing new in the articulation on these guys... except Jean having a bit more range  in their articulation using the ponytail head maybe...
Cyke:4.5
Jean: 4.0
Wolverine: 4.5
Mirror Match brought to
you by MOJOVISION!

Paint and sculpt:
I mentioned on the articulation review section these figures are basically repaints of previously released figures. Jean is a Mild improvement over the previous one. Kind of makes me mad that I wasted $80 (shipped) on a Rocket Raccoon wave Jean via eBay. On cyclops and Wolverine I'm a bit more torn. I hate that the colors don't match between Cyclops figures. Personally I prefer the color scheme of the Warlock wave Cyclops over the color scheme in this one. On Wolverine I wish he was this yellow bird with the blues of the previous release Wolverine. Well being brutally honest I wish I wish that this Wolverines color scheme would match the first appearance Wolverine color scheme... that would be the closest I could get to a Capcom Wolverine.

 putting my preferences aside Cyclops looks amazing will bring looks good but the weakest of the three is Jean Grey
It was at this moment Wolverine realized
that Charles Xavier hated his guts...

Cyke:4.5
Jean:4.0
Wolverine:4.5

Accessories 
Jean has an alternate head
Scott has 2 heads and 1 hand
Logan has 2 heads, 2 hands with adamantium claws and a hanging mask
I kind of wish Jane could have gotten a second pair of hands maybe a mind effect Cyclops I wish you would have gotten an optic blast and maybe an extra pair of hands Wolverines okay I would have preferred the X-Force Wolverine claws but they are not accurate to the tiger stripe look.
Cyke:4.5
Jean:3.0
Wolverine:5.0
Wolverine: BONE CLAWS! ARE READYYYYYYY!

Overall:
Since this is a multi-pack I need to tell you the scores of each figure and then give you the final score of the package in general. Normally I would pop in the scores first and then the explanation but I need to make some things clear here.

While Jean Grey is the lowest scoring figure she's the most important piece of the 3-pack. Even if you have the previous release of Jean Grey this Jean figure is an improvement over that one. I honestly wish she had come with a little bit more extras to make her pop a bit better but it is what it is.
She gets a 3.67 as her final score.

Cyclops is a decent figure and many of my gripes with him are just minimal nitpicking on things like color palette.
He gets a 4.5 as his final score.

 The same thing applies with Wolverine but I kind of wish we had gotten a different unmasked head. Hell, the screaming head from the Cowboy Logan figure would've been an improvement over the Weird "Byrne head".
He gets a 4.67 as his final score.

The pack gets a 4.28 as its final score.  if we were to get a pact with an improved Rogue and Gambit I'd be up for it. Wild Rogue is a great figure I would like to have a version of her closer to her 90s cartoon look and Gambit really needs a new head cuz the one we have is a bit messed up.

And I guess this is it for 2019 and I'll catch you on 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment