Jun 20, 2023

Top 20 Musical Artists that I'd like to have action figures of

 Preferably in scale with Super7 Ultimates. Note that I didn't say Exclusively made by Super7, but Super7 scale compatible... like Playmates Toys own Billie Eilish figure.
This eliminates Figma, SH Figuarts, or Mafex, since they do closer to 1:12 scale figures. I want closer to 1:10 scale figures... also, Vanilla Ice will not be on this list because we already know that I want, nay, NEED him for both NECA AND SUPER7. 

20: Michael Jackson:
I have the SH Figuarts Michael Jackson. But like I mentioned earlier, he feels small even in other 1:12 scaled lines. I just want something close to this in 1:10 scale.
Theoretically speaking even with S7 Ultimates articulation, this pose could be pulled off.

19: Madonna:
Not Current Year Madonna, but mid-80s to mid-90s Madonna. Just for a couple of reasons:
Biggest popularity era for her
Can display well with a Moonwalker Michael Jackson.

18: Dee Snider:
A little Twisted Sister in the toy shelves wouldn't be a bad thing... also, no... It's not the Huevos con Aceite reference why I want him.

17: Xzibit:
Yes, he'd be a Pimp my Ride joke, but what else is he known for? I mean he'd be great for vehicular it came from the Toy Chest reviews 

16: Sir-Mix-a-Lot:
Not going to explain why he's on the list. You probably know why.

15: Billy Ray Cyrus:
No, I don't want the current year "I molded myself after Red Dead Redemption 2" Billy Ray Cyrus. I wouldn't mind a Hannah Montana era Billy Ray, but what I really want is the Achy Breaky Heart big Mullet Billy Ray Cyrus from the early 90s.

14: Cher:
Part of me wants an 80s Cher, but another part of me wants a Sonny and Cher era Cher (with Sonny Bono).

13: Backstreet Boys:
This most definitely Cannot be made by Super7. I cannot drop $300 on the spot for all 5 of them just to be used as an occasional gag on toy reviews.

12: Britney Spears:
Hoo boy! I know it's a bit controversial to mention her, because people might think I wanna make jokes about Britney's mental health struggles. I just want a Britney fogure to go with the *Nsync set I was going to suggest next.

11: *Nsync:
Like BSB this NEEDS to be made by anyone other than Super7, because it would be too expensive is Super7 made them. Yes, I'm mainly interested in Lance Bass because of Kingdom Hearts references. 

10: Prince (or whatever he called himself after his legal disputes):
My main reason for wanting Prince:
But Michael Jackson needs a villain, and Prince WAS Michael's nemesis... I totally do not want Prince for Animaniacs references...

9: Axl Rose:
Technically I want Axl and Slash, but just asking for Axl allows me to make a GNR joke with him and TMNT Slash... especially if Fat Axl were made, but knowing Axl and his desire to make people forget about Fat Axl.

8: Fresh Prince:
While I'm not the cuck's biggest fan, I can't deny his iconic status due to being a rapper AND a TV/movie star.

7: Justin Bieber:
Yes, I want the baby era version of Bieber and not the more grown up version that kind of looks like gas station employee who is always looking to bum a fag.
And no, I'm not going to be making CSI references...  

6:Rick Astley:
It would be impossible to do an action figure Rick Roll... but I just want a Rick Astley figure because why the hell not?

5: MC Hammer:
Vanilla Ice isn't the only Rapper with ties to TMNT...
And yes, I would most likely arm him with a Hammer.

4: Boy George:
A little Culture Club representation in the shelves wouldn't be a bad thing... he teamed up with the A-Team...

3: Steven Seagal:
He actually has released music albums, which technically makes him a musical artist. Y'all know that I want an articulated Steven Seagal figure... and yes, I could've put Hasselhoff here instead, but Hasselhoff is nothing without the Feenymobile... meaning that I'd rather have a Michael Knight with KITT than a David Hasselhoff.

2: Miley Cyrus:
Mentioning her dad a few slots back should've been clue enough that Miley was coming... I'd be OK with a current era Miley, but I'd prefer to have a figure of her from the transition era of No-Longer Hannah Montana but before the Robin Thicke blurred lines Twerkin Turkey Miley.


Before I mention the choice Numero Uno, here are some honorable or dishonorable mentions:

♤ Patrice Wilson:
Yes, the guy behind many child pseudo one-hit wonders like Rebecca Black. You know, the creepynguy that preys on kids and sells them false dreams of fame that ends up becoming infamy. I honestly want a digure of him in the Panda suit for Chinese Food. And yes, he would be an ersatz for another bear that likes dem lolis.

♡ Spice Girls:
Yo, I'll tell you what I want
What I really, really want...
For them not to be made by Super7, because they'd break my wallet.

♡ Eminem:
Since Super7 is making a couple of Rappers, I believe that the oddity of a White Rapper, who is considered one of the best rappers makes a lot of sense.

♤ Kurt Cobain:
Celebrating Nirvana's role in late 80s to early 90s music is never a bad thing, but Articulated Kurt Cobain would lend itself for some macabre displays... I would call anyone who would want a moderately articulated figure of Kurt Cobain and not having thoughts of posing him in a recreation of his soloing Task Force X, a freaking liar. 

♡ Elvis:
Yes, NECA made STATUES. I want articulated figures. Preferably of younger Elvis.

♡ Cam Clarke:
He vpices, he sings, he even has an actual disc release of covers of popular songs. He didn't make the official list because this is an "obscure" choice and it's because i fangirl a bit too much over his voice...

No for the last spot:

1: James Brown:
The Godfather of Soul... why the hell not?  Sadly I do not own any Jakks or NECA Rocky IV figures to have an obvious reason to own a james brown figure, but it's a freaking James Brown figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment