Jun 1, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: Hos name is Freeze but is spelled Fries


As in French Fries. You call them French fries not French Freeze. That has bugged me for years. So now that I have a Mr Freeze figure, Todd is going to release the Schwarzenegger version just to piss me off. It's maddening enough that I know that I have to get yet another Batman because of that Michael Keaton Batman, having to get two Mr Freezes would piss me off to no end.  Victor Fries is a scientist who's wife got ill with an incurable disease and he put her in cryostasis. A freak accident made Victor Fries into Mr Freeze. Now with a grudge against the world, Mr Freeze basically does ice themed crimes in order to get money to support his research to save Nora.
MF: Save... Nora!
Flash: Nora!? What does it mean!?
MF: NORA!! Save... Nora...
Flash: Nora? Why did you say that name!? Oh wait, you mean Nora Fries, your wife! Here I was thinking you were talking about my- someone else named Nora...
MF: I thought that you were going to kill me for a moment there...
Flash: Dude, I'm the Flash! I don't kill people... unless they're Hawaiian...
MF: What!?
Flash: Dude, your face looked really funny when I said the Hawaiian bit. That's a Reverse Flash thing...
Thawne VO: Don't you try to pin that on me, Ba-Flash! That was All You! Speaking of which, I'm going to check in on you in sixth grade when you had to give an oral report for Spanish class with that sexy Mexican Teacher and get you to jizz your pants as she asks you to come to the front...
Flash: She wasn't Mexican, she was Guatemalan.
Thawne VO: In any case, Barry, you will be known as The Flash LONG BEFORE the Lightning hits you.
MF: Whybare you talking like a sped up chipmunk, Flash... Save Nora!! This is why I prefer dealing with Batman.


So, with Mr. Freeze quickly described, let's get cracking!
MF: What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!
Raptor: I don't get it, do you?
Dilo: What has Ray Romano done to you? I understand that they aren't the best movies ever but seriously what has Ray Romano done to you?

Articulation
Freeze has Standard McFarlane articulation his shoulder pads are made of soft plastic and they're not completely attached so you can post him with very little resistance. His range of articulation is pretty good.
MF: Put that cookie down! Now!!
Santa: Now Victor, is this how you ask for a TurboMan doll? This is FUBAR!!
MF: Kringle, the fact that we met once more is a Dark Fate... You can Jingle all the Way to Hell!!
Santa: I'm not Expendable!!

 There doesn't seem to be any issues with the articulation. Even the head can be post rather well inside the Dome.
4.5
MF: The Iceman Cometh..
Iceman: Victor, please stop it with the puns...
No one likes them, hell, my popsicle is now a soft-serve thanks to your puns.
MF: So the Iceman Hath not Cometh? Chill out, gay boy...

Paint and sculpt 
Honestly I thought that Mr free would end up sharing Parts with Lex Luthor. It doesn't seem like he shares any. Paint-wise he's mostly black gray and light blues which work perfectly for him. There is only one red Accent on his outfit and his goggles which simulates bright red reflective material without being metallic. It actually looks better than I thought.
5.0
MF: Batman, you son of a bitch! How dare you kill my wife!
Batman: I didn't. That was Poison Ivy. GCPD found her body and took her to Wayneyech, since it was the closest place with an available Cryostasis pod. Apparently, Bruce Wayne's butler has the same disease as your wife at an earlier stage... he needs your help, Victor. Save him and Bruce Wayne will use his resources to help you save Nora...

Accessories 
Freezegun
Dome
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with the freeze gun having the ice attachment permanently on. Personally I think it should have been two pieces that way the eyes effect could have been translucent and removable. This limits the posting options with the gun. Hopefully McFarland's weapons pack number 3 will include Mr Freeze's gun without the ice effect.
4.0
MF: Batman, you son of a bitch... you gave me the best news ever. I'll help you save Bruce Wayne's butler.
Nightwing: I get why you're here, but I don't get why THEY are here.
Red Robin: It's a Batman and Robin reference, not a Batman and Nightwing reference.
Red Hood: But Robin WAS Wearing a Nightwing outfit but in red...
Red Robin: Yes, that's why I'm here since Robin was wearing a red outfit...
Robin: I hate everyone of you... I don't even want to be here.
Red Hood: The title is Batman and Robin... YOU ARE Robin. Before you ask, I'm here to make fun of you.
MF: Do they always bicker like that?
Superman: You have no idea, Doctor Fries... sorry Doctor Freeze. I just read your dossier and your name is spelled as...Fries...
MF: You're Superman and I guess that's the Butler...
Alfred: My word, he does look like a bald former governor of California...



Overall
Victor Fries gets a 4.5 as his final score. He's actually pretty good figure for a comic book Mr Freeze. He could be repainted with an animated series inspired paint job and would still look badass. Honestly my main complaint is the gun having the permanent ice effect if it didn't it probably would be as much better as a figure other than that it's a standard Mr Freeze.
MF: Ah, my Beautiful Nora...
Nora:...
MF: Yes, my Beautiful Nora, the only vestiges of humanity in me are what push me forward to save you, since you are the light that thaws my ice cold heart.
Nora:...
MF: Why yes I love you Nora. I might be doomed to Hell, but your salvation is wprth my damnation.
Nora:...
MF: Do you want to build a snowman?


No comments:

Post a Comment