Jun 3, 2023

Having some further thoughts on Super7 TMNT

 With Wave 11 getting the announcement sometime around Q3 or Q4 of 2023, I've been thinking:

Wave 6 was the last wave I "completed" mostly because I was able to get Scratch and Ace Duck later on and at a Discount in Scratch's case.

Wave 7 I became a hyper Cherry Picker and ended up preordering a Triceraton... which is odd, since I was gunning for Robotic Bebop or Guerilla Gorilla. The latter for John Cena jokes.
I've no real interest in Punker Don, or Metalhead Michelangelo. Remember that I'm the same guy who wants all four turtles getting the Sumo Turtle treatment and extra heads without any Sumo hairstyle just to have Midlife Crisis Ninja Turtles. I'm the guy that makes lots of lists making up crazy stupid ass variants of the TMNT roster... 

Wave 8 I only ordered Genghis, but I might have to be punished by scalpers to get Raph... especially after my custom Donatello the undercover turtle figure. Eventually I might hit eBay to get a loose Shredder or two.

Wave 9, there I only ordered Zak, Wingnut and Screwloose. I might try to get a master splendor but I'm not 100% sure. The soft goods kimono with sleeves is tempting me. Mr Scumbug on the other hand, I see unlikely. But then again Scratch was an unlikely purchase for me. 

Wave 10, here I pre-ordered everything except the turtle variant. While considered the weakest wave, it was more appealing to me than waves.

Wave 11 has Rat King, which is a guaranteed purchase from me, because he checks some marks:
-I want him
-I had him as a kid
-I need hin because he's a core character in most canons.

Going back on Triceraton:
He didn't check the same marks as Rat King:
-I didn't want him at first
-I didn't have him as a kid 
-Is a core character in multiple canons and gors well with one of the characters I had as a kid, the Fugitoid. 

So we can say that I was able to justify the Triceraton by preemptively preparing myself for a Fugitoid (and hopefully a Mirage inspired variant, even if it's on the more expensove gitd).

So, while I'm waiting for wave 11 I began thinking:
Who are my main wants, needs, had them as a kid, and my "core" characters.

For example:
I have preordered Zak, so now Kala and Dask have risen from wants to needs because the Neutrinos are some of my "core characters"...

So I should start with who are my core characters?

Characters that complete a Faction:
So what are my factions:
-Clan Hamato, being the Turtles and Splinter
-The Foot Clan, which is Shredder and his Foot Ninja, here I must count Krang and his forces.
-The Mutanimals, a ragtag group of mutants.
-Punk Frogs, former squad of mutant frogs made as a weapon against Clan Hamato, who now are friends to Clan Hamato.
-Channel 6 crew, humans who reportbthe incidents involving the turtles, with April being the one who defends the turtles.
-Neutrinos, a trio of fun loving space teens who oppose Krang.
-secret villain faction.
-Purple Dragons, wich will be probably made up out of custom figures, since it's unlikely we get any of them.

I believe that covers the factions. There are a few unaffiliated characters like Triceraton (unless we get multiple versions to make the Republic) or Rat King that are core, but don't fully fit a category...

But here's the thing: How do I know if they're complete enough where I can "quit" without feeling like I'm Missing something?

I guess I should start with Figures I had as a kid that aren't Turtle variants:
-Rat King
-Traag
-Pizzaface
-Fugitoid
-Wyrm
-Groundchuck 
-Chrome Dome
-Super Shredder
-Rahzar
-KRANG'S ANDROID BODY

So, I'm almost done with my Childhood toys, not counting turtle variants.
Out of those 10 figures if we want to go CORE CORE CORE NEEDS, I could reduce the list to:
-Rat King
-Traag
-Fugitoid
-Krang's Android Body 

But just going by what I had as a kid isn't enough, especially since I've already gone beyond that by getting Bebop, Leatherhead, Krang on the Bubble walker, multiple Foot Soldiers, Ace Duck, Scratch, Baxter, Karai, Wingnut and Screwloose among others. Now some of those figures have "forced my hand" into other factions that I wouldn't necessarily have gotten.

So now I'll go through the NEFTYVERSE Factions and see what we got.

For Clan Hamato, we're TECHNICALLY done. If they were to make Venus, Carter, or Jennika, then I'd get them... but for all intents and purposes, this faction is done.

For the Foot: that's a bit more complicated.
For Krang's Forces we have need of:
Krang's Android Body
Traag
Groundchuck 
Dirtbag
For Shredder's Forces:
Chrome Dome
Tokka 
Rahzar
Movie Foot Soldiers
Super Shredder

That list is assuming only Playmates Toys inspired figures being made. This isn't counting on Mirage inspired stuff like Karai getting made.
But for a worst case scenario, I could reduce the list to:
Krang's Android Body 
Traag
Super Shredder

For the next faction we have Punk Frogs:
Here I'm hoping that the 2 that didn't have a vintage figure get made so we can have all 4.
Next to Worst case scenario, we get Napoleon and Super7 releases a "toon Napoleon" redeco of Genghis and a "toon Genghis" redeco of Napoleon for us to make Attila and Rasputin. Worst case scenario involves me getring 3 Genghises.

Mutanimals weren't "officially made" for the line, but I've combined various random characters into a team. I can say that with Wingnut and Screwloose I have a "complete team", but I do want to add Mona Lisa, as the "scientist" of the group. Also, I'd like to have Usagi be with the team despite not being a Mutant for the sake of having a Samurai on the team, which would help for the falling out of Scratch and JB with the rest of the team.

Neutrinos, like the Punk Frogs rely on the vintage releases, which in this case are Dask and Kala to complete the trio. Worst case scenario, whatever Neutrinos that make it to the line become part of Clan Hamato.

Channel 6's Crew has already April and I've already mentioned that Burne, Vernon, and Irma round up the crew. I WILL expand the crew with customs and generic figures. Again, not exactly a hard to complete faction. Worst Case Scenario, April switched to a new network and I pad out the rest of the new network with customs.

Purple Dragons will be made out of customs, so it's not too hard to figure out what to do to fill the ranks. Since most of thede guys are cannon fodder, I'll probably end up using those basic WWE figures that I have floating around from vehicles...

Scratch's optional secret villanous team whose name I still haven't decided. I want to make a team whose name is a parody of a Marvel evil team, just as the Foot is a parody of the Hand.
The members I have so far are:
Scratch
Jailbird
Leatherhead

But I would like to add:
Groundchuck 
Dirtbag
Scaletail 
Triceraton
Chrome Dome
Scumbug

This roster needs some explanations:
It is heavily inspired by the Bosses in Radical Rescue with Chrome Dome acting as Cyber Shredder's replacement. Scumbug, Leatherhead, and JB are "filler" to reach 9 and call the team the Nefarious Nine.

In a worst case scenario, I get Scumbug and call them the Felonious Five, or the Fellowship of Evil Beings who are Mostly Mutants... an obvious play on Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. 

I might be open for some other unexpected surprises, but right now, my top priorities are:
-The remaining 2 Neutrinos
-The Remaining Punk Frog(s) I'd rather have them Super7 made than customs.
-Krang's Android Body, Traag, Super Shredder
-Channel 6's Crew
-Rat King 
-Pizzaface

I honestly wish I didn't  have to cherry pick, but Super7 is slowly creeping into the zone past my threshold.





No comments:

Post a Comment