Jun 12, 2023

Latin America lost their He-Man and Mr. Feeny.

 Rubén Moya, Mexican voice actor, has passed away. As stated in the title, he was MY He-Man... as in my earliest interactions with the show were with the Latin American dub, long before I could watch the show in English and appreciate John Erwin's work.

He was also the voice of Mr. Feeny, of all people, in the Latin American dub of Boy Meets World.


Boy Meets World in Spanish was far weirder for me than in English. He-Feeny is a lot stranger than KITT Feeny.
Is it me or does the Latin American Deku Tree sounds like he's got the POWER!!

He also was the voice of God, I mean Morgan Freeman.
He was not only God, but also Satan... South Park's Satan...
Spock, Picard, all He-Man. The Father of the Homunculi, the CGI Netflix Randor... He was also the ORIGINAL SCHWARZENEGGER VOICE FOR CONAN... He's literally voiced Dolph Lundgren in MOTU, Arnold Schwarzenegger in Conan the Barbarian, AND Sylvester Stallone in Over the Top! He's been around...

Apparently, the Cause of Death was Throat Cancer. My condolences to his friends and family. While I've never seen the man's face until today, it feels like I've lost a family member.

I often tend to be harsh with Mattel for all their bullshit, but I got to commend the Mexican Branch for using Rubén Moya to promote Origins.

I'm honestly crying as I watch these.

Será sencillamente hasta la próxima... Buen Viaje, Master!




No comments:

Post a Comment