Aug 19, 2023

Holy crap! It's been 14 years!?

 This blog is 14 years old... Next year I could have the Nefty's House of Rants Quinceañera Bash! It's been a long ride, there have been highs, there have been lows, there have been even lower lows. But as my life falls down into a terrible rut, due to depression and other personal demons, I'm still here. Trying to carve a bit of a name for myself, so when I am no longer flesh, I am not forgotten...

I never thought I'd reach the 10 year mark, much less the 14th... Wonder if I can reach 18... that way my blog will be legal. My dream right now is getting enough notoriety for some Rule 34... sadly my 19 loyal readers aren't enough for me to get some rule 34. 

I was considering getting into vtubing but logistics and unreliable electric power and internet in Puerto Rico makes the whole vtubing thing a fool's dream. Especially the voice changer and my outdated tech. Not to mention the investment on model rigging, etc. So, having a Neffie-chan saying things like Boku wa kawaii desune! Or Yamete onii-chan! Kimi wa sukebe desu! I almost forgot a fan favorite: Omae wa mou shindairu! Because everyone knows that vtubers are 40 year old men with a voice changer dayo! 

My NES library is too small to stream games or even do video Reviews. Y'all know I tried that for a while, but it was too much of a hassle. Even tool assisted playthroughs can be a bitch...

Not going to say any names but TMNT1 After the damned dam! 

Due to adult responsibilities, my toy intake has greatly reduced and it seems that my Super7 toy collectong is about to become a 1 line thing, the line being TMNT. I'm returning to 2014 ML collecting. I will be slowing down on pretty much everything that isn't TMNTU or Street Fighter. 

On the gaming side, I'm just about to quit gaming. Responsibilities have stopped me plenty of times from getting a PS5 or a Series X. Ibarely have time to game anymore. My depression isn't helping much either. I've lost most of my joie de vivre. I'm scared... it's not death who I fear, but oblivion... I know I shouldn't be moody, I should be celebrating, but sometimes I feel like I have been wasting my time. Sone of my high school classmates are parents of COLLEGE STUDENTS!! In a few years they might be grandparents and I'm worried about a Super Shredder figure or Darkstalkers 4.

Ever since Mom died I've been trying to heal and find normalcy. But all I feel is an empty hole in my chest. Intrusive thoughts cpnstantly creeping in. It's terrifying. Incredibly enough, it's y'all 19-ish readers who keep me going and help me push away the darkness. For that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You folks are a glimmer (not to be confused with Glimmer) in my darkness and for that I thank you. I wonder what should I do for the Quinceañera Bash... Or when the blog becomes legal... or in 2030 when the blog will be fully legal and allowed to drink.  I'm not freaking out but I totally am freaking out! Happy Birthday blog! 

In any case let's keep on going! I don't know what the future will bring, but let's a go!

Just reread the let's a go! In a bad Charles Martinet Mario impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment