Aug 1, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: Moon Star of Limbo...

 Give me the time, the figures, the review of Mon*Star!! Yes, I'm getting off my ass and doing a Silverhawks review. By the title you should guess that I'm reviewing it the bad guy from the show, Mon*Star...

I forgot the MOC Pic, but whatever... This is Mon*Star, leader of Limbo's Mob and capable of transforming into a gigantic armored Monster.
Mon*Star: I can't believe Melodia was able to do that with a Spacegerbil! Who the Hell is call- Hello!
YesMan VO: Masster, I'm sstuck in the Sssuper7 pipeline. Might be arriving after wave 5...
Mon*Star: What!? Who will prepare the transformation chamber for me!? YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! FIRST THIS CRAPPY CHAIR NOW NO YESMAN! YOU WILL NOW BE THE NEW YESMAN!
Nefty VO: Are you talking to me!?
Mon*Star: You see anyone else here, Nefty?
Nefty: *sigh* but I'm not wearing a snake suit...
Chichichi ano...
Mon*Star: And none of that Spacebeaner language...
Nefty: The things I do for Melodia... Yes Master...


Articulation
He has standard Silverhawks Ultimates articulation. His loincloth? or PUEBES! He has decent range but his head is a smidge heavy. This makes him a bit prone to fall if arched back a bit too much.
Mon*Star: Moon Star of limbo...
Nefty VO: You're tearing me apart, Melodia!!
4.5

Paint and sculpt
He looks like Mon*Star and has shading that mimics the cartoon cel shaded look without going full cel shading on a figure. His sculpting is really great I'll be it a bit painful because the spikes and hair on him are made of a rather harder plastic and they kind of hurt. Sadly his second head had his teeth badly painted.
Mon*Star: GIVE ME THE MIGHT! THE MUSCLE! THE MENACE! OF-
Nefty VO: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
4.5

Accessories
Sky Shadow organic for
Sky Shadow robotic (sleeping)
2 extra heads
9 extra hands
5.0

Overall
Monstar gets a-
Really? Now a transformation?
Mon*Star is now bigger, longer, and uncut...
He's also hornier now, because of all the horns on his face. You were thinking naughty thoughts weren't you?
Mon*Star: OF MON*STAR!!
Cat got your tounge? Not going to make a silly joke?
Nefty: I did the Transformation thing, I'm outta here! Tell Melodia thanks but no thanks. Dealing with your bullshit makes parking in her garage not worth it...
Mon*Star: Wait, what!? Are you talking about sex with Melodia?
Nefty: What? Sex with Melodia!? No way dude! She inherited a garage and she wanted me to be a valet parker for her.
Mon*Star: Oh... here I thought that...
Nefty VO: OF COURSE I WAS TALKING ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH MELODIA! SHE'S THE ONLY WOMAN IN THE WHOLE GALAXY THAT HAS ORGANIC GENITALIA! *Bangs metal panel* my schlong ain't a jackhammer that could pound Steelhearts robobox...
Mon*Star: Did you bring pretection?
Nefty VO: you mean Condoms? Of course!
Mon*Star: Good, but I was talking EAR protection. I just saw the Melodia Spacegerbil special and her voice...
Nefty VO: What? Can't  hear you! Imwearing my Melodia-proof noise cancelling headphones and earplugs!


Like Mumm-Ra before him, Mon*Star has a transformed form that is bigger than his depowered version... This form is the most popular form of the character.
Mon*Star: Now I'M MAD! NO ONE IGNORES MON*STAR!!
Nefty VO: (singing) come on Barbie let's s go party! Ah ah! oh yeah! 


Articulation
Don't let his size fool you, he is as posable as a standard size figure. Sadly, mine has weak ankles and he's prone to falling. Okay, I may have lied a little bit, because the shoulders are a bit hindered by the shoulder pads.
Mon*Star: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING NEFTY!? YOU STILL HAVEN'T PARKED IN MELODIA'S GARAGE! I'VE SPENT WAY TOO MANY CREDITS ON HER OF FOR YOU TO BACK OUT!! WRRRRAAARRRGH!
4.0

Paint and sculpt
The sculpting on this figure is flawless. It totally captures the essence of the character. While he's molded in mostly the appropriate color there are a few areas that have the appropriate painting touches my issue lies at the colors aren't exactly just as I remember. For some reason he is less orange than what I remember. The brighter Reds are more on the reddish side than the orange just like the dark Reds. I suppose these slight changes are based on the actual cel animation and not what was transmitted on TV. It's not a big issue, but TO ME it's a bit jarring.
Nefty VO: I'd drop that weapon IF I were you.
I accidentally let the Silverhawks in. Something about stopping your operation... kay thanks byeeee!!
Mon*Star: NEFTEEEE! I HATE YOUUUUUU!
4.5

Accessories
1 extra head for the eye beam effect
Extra hands
His blaster
Sky Shadow robotic form
Elbow blasts
Elbow propulsion blasts
Mon*Star: SILVERHAWKS!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!? I HAVEN'T BROKEN ANY LAWS RECENTLY! HELL, I'VE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH MY HOUSE ARREST! LimboEats is draining my wallet... if you know what I mean!
Seymour VO: That's my catchphrase, if you know what I mean!
Quicksilver: Zip it, big red! We're looking For Melodia. She kidnapped Copper Kidd and is forcing him to do unspeakable acts as we speak!
Mon*Star: Are you talking about sexual stuff? Because I don't tolerate that shit! Murder, drugs, racketeering, sure, but sexual abuse against minors, that's the one line I don't cross... I'm Mon*StAr! Not a monster!
Steelwill: Not what we were talking about, but it's good to see that even you have a bit of a moral fiber...
Steelheart: She's forcing Copper Kidd to watch the old Rankin Bass Christmas specials AND Lord of the Rings.
Bluegrass: Now now, pardner. That's no way to talk about Rankin Bass. They've done some great stuff...
Steelheart: Name ONE good Rankin Bass Pro-
Mon*Star: THUNDERCATS!!
Steelheart: Let me finish. One good Rankin Bass produxt that ISN'T Thundercats.
Mon*Star: Oh... can't think of any.
Steelheart: Exactly.
Steel Will: How about Tigersharks?
Steelheart: The only salvageable part of The comic strip...
Bluegrass: There must be something else that is salvageable...
Quicksilver: Jackson 5ive?
Nefty VO: NO YOU IDIOTS!! SILVERHAWKS! THE ANSWER IS SILVERHAWKS! GOOD RANKIN BASS SHOW THAT ISN'T THUNDERCATS, THAT'S SILVERHAWKS! Screw you guys, I'm going with the Thundercats... at least they have Cat Meme potential.
5.0

OVERALL
Now I can discuss the scores of both Mon*Stars.
Tally hawk: (thinking) Good thing Nefty forgot about us...
Organic Sky Shadow: (thinking) Why couldn't I be born in Eternia? I'd fit perfectly there... Hell, even Tally here could fit on with Zoar and Screech.
Nefty VO: I didn't. I spared you out of my sleep deprived and alcohol fueled immature imagination.

Well, depowered Mon*Star gets a final score of 4.67, which is pretty good. It sucks that one of his head had messed up teeth, but at elast it wasn't the screaming head... Now let's tackle the big guy. He gets a score of 4.5 which is good. It's the top heaviness and weak ankles what stopped him from scoring higher... guess I'll drop the Vac Metal bad news here: vac Metal will raise the prices of the figures from $55 to $65-$75... suddenly my head is screaming: Fuck Vac Metal... that shit is gonna flake off, though a Vac Metal Shredder would be badass. Can you make up my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment