Aug 18, 2023

Should Super7 do Vac Metal Redos for TMNT?

 Now that Vac Metal is doable for Super7, should they revisit them? I am torn. There's a Huge part of me that says:
For a couple of reasons:
For Metalhead, the VM part would be the torso, that would require new tooling for the Vac Metal. He would get less accessories and be $20 more expensive than its first release. But he would need a massive overhauling in order to also make Metalhead Warrior Michelangelo whose entire body is Vac Metal. Same thing for robotic Bebop and Rocksteady. This would increase the prices for the larger figures a bit too much. 

Adding Vac Metal to those past releases would make a certain company throw a tantrum like a little bitch.
"WAAH! WE HAVE MASTER LICENSE!
WAAAH! THEY'RE MAKING US LOOK BAD! WAAH!"

Then we have the cold hard truth: Vac Metal IS SHIT. I hate it in my car, since it started to flake off. I've hated it on toys because it flakes off by looking at them wrong. And paying MORE for a shittier version of the figure that WILL flake off even MOC is a Giant load of shit.

But on the other hand some vac metalized elements can look bitchin! 
A Shredder with vac Metal armor would look bitchin! Problem is that posability and modularity would be lost due to his vac metal parts. 

Now the biggest question is Chrome Dome: I know that I recently mentioned he COULD be done with Vac Metal. Do I WANT him with Vac Metal is a different question.

More expensive figure with flaky plastic, nah... I'd rather get a non vac Metal figure molded in a slightly greyish white sealed with a very glossy finish. Not gonna lie, a Chromed Chrome Dome would look awesome... but will he look good 1 year from release? I don't want to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment