Aug 26, 2023

Bob Barker is dead...

 When I was a young boy and got sick, I stayed home alone a lot. TV was my friend. Bob Barker was one of my first English teachers. Get your pets spayed or neutered, guys... Well, he's dead now... To be fair, he was 99 years old. He passed due to natural causes... I mean he's 99, he had outlived the Hollywood Average for over a few decades. 

His death hot me a lot harder than I thought it would. I mean, I KNEW he was old, but to me he was like an old friend. When I was sick, he was there for me... so was Springer... now they're both dead... shit! Maury is next... Bob's excellent enunciation and slower rhythm in his voice helped me get better at English. I know many ESL folks learned English thanks to Bob Barker... IIRC Meg's second voice went through Bob Barker's unofficial English school.


Now that's a nice April Fools... but May Bob rest in peace. My condolences to the family and friends.

Update:

I told my brother about Bob's passing and this is what he said:
He got closest to 100 without going over... I'm so going to Hell for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment