Aug 29, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: Mr. Sullivan, I don't feel so good

 By the title alone, you should deduce that the figure I'm reviewing is based on the games with Male Lara Croft, aka UNCHARTED, specifically the live action adaptation with Tom Holland as Nathan Drake. 

Drake: Mr. Sullivan, I don't feel so good...
I feel like I'm trapped in a box.

So, Nathan Drake: claims to be related to Francis... yes, that Sir Francis Drake. He was a street rat that becomes a treasure hunter when "recruited" by Victor Sullivan.

Drake: Finally, a nice quiet place to read my book... nothing says quiet like the middle of Guatemalan jungle...

Articulation 
Theoretically speaking, he has a decent amount of articulation. Now, many folks have reported stuck joints that break, arms that fall off the bicep. So be careful and apply the NECA treatment before displaying.
Now MY figure, well elbow joints are stuck and gummy. Left arm pops off at the bicep. Waist twist stuck. Arms cannot be put in T pose. Legs are barely poseable.
3.0
Drake: Me and my big mouth!
Now this place is crawling with Mercenaries looking for Magellan's treasure, just like the book I conveniently decided to read in the middle of the Jungle. This is like in that really old movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark...


Paint and sculpt
The paintwork is for the most part good. There are some slight areas where it could've been a bit better, but since I got it heavily discounted on Entertainment Earth (not sponsored) I don't mind much. Had I paid full price, I'd be pissed.

The body sculpt is pretty good, but the face bugs me. It doesn't look as Tom Holland-ish as I hoped. It kinda looks like his stunt double.
4.0
Drake: Ooh! Convenient treasure that wasn't here before... let me crouch to gr... Oh my back! My back!


Accessories 
Book
2 relics
4 extra hands
Puny gun... yes it's removable.
I feel like he's missing something... (alternate head) but seriously I feel like he needed something more.
3.5
Mercenario: No se muevan Gringos...
Drake: Hey, where did she come from?
April: I am April O'Neil a Reporter-a day Television...
Drake: Your Spanish sucks...
April: It's better than your American accent, Iron Lad...
Drake: What?
Mercenario: Callense gringos.
April: Elle no is greengo. Elle is English. Yo soy greengo.
Drake: It's gringa, you ginger banana.
April: Ell, KC Undercover sucks and Bella Thorne was the best part of Shake it Up!
Drake: (English accent) You take that back!
April: Ha! I KNEW IT! HEY!  HEY! YOU! Cabronis!
Mercenario: Que dijiste, gringa?
Holland: Mr. Mercenary, I-I don't feel so good...
Mercenario: Que? No mames... 
Holland: I don't want to go... Mr. Stark...
Mercenario: La puta madre, Muchachos, tenemos al Piter Parker del emsiu... Oye, estas hecho mierda, parece que Zendaya te ha agotado peor que JLO a Ben Affleck
Mercenario 2: El espaiderman de la tia may deliciosa?
Holland: Yes, that's me.
4 mysterious voices: COWABUNGA!!!
April: About time!
Holland: Oh, you're THAT April O'Neil... Here I thought you were the other one...
April: What other April O'Neil...
Nefty VO: Don't google that at work!


Overall
Drake gets a 3.5 as his final score. It's decent, not great, which encapsulates the problem with this figure. For a Diamond Select figure, this is a bit disappointing. Stupid left arm! Stupid lack of posability... stupid 

No comments:

Post a Comment