Jun 29, 2019

My Adulthood seems to hate classic JRPGs

I remember back in High School, when I could easily pick up a JRPG on Friday afternoon and by late night Sunday,  I was halfway there... (Wo-hoa! Living on a prayer!)  And by the next weekend, the final boss  down... in some cases, I only needed a single weekend *cough*FFVII*cough*

Nowadays, it feels like a ginormic chore to raise 3 levels for a character, just to pass a low tier boss. Adulthood has sucked the joy of mundane repetitive tasks and the grinding of traditional JRPGs, for some reason feels bothersome.

I still have FFX+FFX-2 Unopened for PS3... I'm dreading returning to Spira... I still haven't finished FFXIII...
IIRC, I'm still on Junon or Costa del Sol on the PC Port of VII... I even dread restarting Xenogears,  since levelling up in that game can be tedious.

What the hell happened?

Did Rockstar corrupt me with their open world games? Was it the High speed internet that pulled me away from slower paced experiences? Am I becoming dumb and no longer can appreciate the intricate nuances of turn based combat?

I'll blame the reduced amount of free time that I have, which forces me to seek more instant gratification...

No comments:

Post a Comment