Jun 1, 2019

Top ideas for Walgreens Marvel Legends...

The whole Snake Mountain drama has stressed the Hell out of me last month... I have a buttload of toys that I could review, but I don't want to overdo it... it's Not December.

Since MOTUC is not likely to happen, I'm going with my old new crutch, Marvel Legends:
I'm going for a list of "Walgreens exclusive" figures.
Basically "cheap repaint" heavy on the mix-n-match parts reused type of thing.
Like say:
The Bombastic Bagman, which is a new head on the Reed Richards body with the bare feet from Namor or Weapon X... I guess this is the first guy on the list.

Feral Logan (bone Claws Wolverine)
Take the Brown suit body and put the Tiger stripe colors on it. Add the Feral Weapon X head and new bone claws. (Worst case scenario, beige colored normal claws) if possible add a new head with bandana covering his face.

Quick Change Spider-Man:
Zero new parts. Mix and match civilian body parts, toss in Spidey hands, masked head and Parker head. Ben Reilly repaint would be welcome too.

US Agent:
The guy deserves a redo, since the previous figire was in the smaller Bucky buck and lools puny next to the real Cap. And he's literally a Cap repaint.

Cable: ("uncanny outfit/ToyBiz tribute")
By mashing up the arm of the Juggernaut wave Cable with the upper body of the Sasquatch Cable and the legs of a larger figure (Venom/Omega Red)
You can get an approximation to the Uncanny X-Men cable/MVC2 Cable.

Captain Marvel: (Mar-Vell)
He's literally a new head. The Kaine body. I just want to replace the ToyBiz figure.

Black Spider-suit Kraven:
Yes I know that Target has a Kraven's last hunt two-pack set. But it's basically cloth black suit Spidey versus Sergei Kravinoff in his classic Hunter attire. What I want is Sergei Kravinoff in the black suit Spider-Man outfit. Translation in action figure form would be reusing the king body painted in symbiote spidey colors and tossing in the Kraven head as an extra.

Classic Shocker:
He's a repaint of the Sandman wave Shocker, but toss a Norman Osborn head and this fogure has now added value.

Firestar: yellow outfit
All we need is a new head to complete the token female of the Amazing Spider friends.

Gwen Stacy:
No, not Spider-Gwen, but Gwen, I had sex with Norman Osborn, then he killed me, Gwen... Toss in a Miles Warren head for the Jackal figure... added value.

Classic Vulture:
Darkhawk's biceps with wings could be reused with a new head and neckpiece. (Worst case scenario reuse the Ultimate head)

Rick Jones:
Like the Quick Change Spidey, they have the body already. All we'd need is a head. Maybe toss in a Smart Hulk head for the two-pack Hulk for added value. (And some Nega Bands as a nod with Rick's tume with the Vells.)

Hellfire Club Guard:
An army builder who only needs a new head and guard stick. Maybe toss in a couple of extra heads. Like dented mask, clawed mask...

These are the first figures from the top of my head... I tried to keep the amount of new parts to a minimum... otherwise I would've suggested Modular Armor Ironman  (with mullet head for Tony) Super Skrull, armored DD, Masked Ben Grimm with bodysuit, Ironheart, 90s Kaine, among others.

I also tried to keep it to recognizable characters in order to avoid clogged pegs...

No comments:

Post a Comment