Jul 11, 2019

Been on an anime hunt lately

have been slacking on my House of Rants duties in my quest for things to rant about... and I have been trying to catch some anime recommendations. Goblin Slayer, I started recently, but lost interest in it. Don't get me wrong; it's a good anime, but it didn't Hook me as much as I expected. I tried Queen's Blade, same thing. Not even the fan service can save this anime for me... The figures are a different story. Making a Revoltech scaled Nefty-kun has been a bit tougher than expected. (Near zero sculpting skills and like near zero painting skills can make customization difficult.)

I had given up on Sword Art Online a long time ago. I did see Netflix's Ultraman and it was interesting enough. Been wanting to see Green Naruto, but I haven't found any fans among my anime loving friends who would let me borrow Season 1.

Ace Attorney anime has my interest because it's The Games but in anime form.

Is there an Anime series that can catch my interest?
<5div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">



And I presume you understood that reference before the Page Break...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures is an amazing anime... or at least Parts 1 and 2, which is what I've seen. I did play the Dreamxast game based on Part 3 back in  college days. But the thing is that Jojo is an unique anime. You can't explain it to people, because the explanation would actually turn them off. You just have to see it to believe it...

A co-worker had been trying to get me to watch Jojo, but his description left a lot to be desired...
It's like Hokuto no Ken but gayer.
Which is fairly accurate, but a horrible description.
Another co-worker gave me a synopsis of parts 1 and 2 which were on Netflix. I will try to be as accurate as possible here:
Co-worker: :Roided out Rich kid fights his roided out adoptive brother, who is Dio who becomes a vampire as he attempts to steal the protagonists fortune. Jojo learns the ways of the force from Led Zeppelin to kill the vampire Dio... who returns in part 3. Also, Jojo's best friend is REO Speedwagon"

Me: "Wait, This is Dio's origins before The World?"

Co-worker: " Yes, that's part 3. Now Part 2 has the grandson of Jojo, who is also Jojo, fighting and befriending a Guile lookalike Cyborg Nazi and having to stop Gay Aztec stripper vampires from taking over the world. REO Speedwagon finds the son of Led Zeppelin to help Jojo. The gay Aztec strippers are called: Wham!, AC/DC, Santana, and Cars."

Me: "Now I know you're shitting me..."

Co-worker: "No, honest! Part 3 has the grandson of Jojo2 fighting Dio who wasn't dead and now they use Force Ghost to fight for them like Pokémon. Also this-"

Me: "Hold it! I know about the stands and Dio being a vampire. I played the dreamcast game. You're joking about the gay strippers and the Nazi Guile... right?"

He wasn't. And now I have another Yes song to abuse that is not Owner of a Lonely Heart.

I still need to see Evangelion the hump the Dino girl doggystyle... I mean Darling in the Franxx. Attack of the giant skinless naked people, and avoid Boku no Pico.

This filler rant was brought to you by Narut-O's so much filler you won't... BELIEVE IT!!

But seriously, I need some anime recommendations... just no yaoi stuff . Not a fan of yaoi... except for Shinji and Kaworu!

No comments:

Post a Comment