Jul 12, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: En Sabah Nur

Apocalypse by Hasbro, the BAF. The review, the rant.
Apocalypse pretty much the first mutant powered by Celestial Technologies something something Kang the Conqueror or something Darwin's evolution principle something something cable something something for Four Horsemen something something Archangel Wolverine and many others have been Horsemen; basically Apocalypse is ancient far more evil version of Magneto, who believes that Only the Strong Survive and in this case it's mostly mutants under his reign. The biggest baddest this side of Onslaught.

So he was the build a figure of his wave which had Mohawk Storm Jim Lee Psylocke Jim Lee Wolverine it had MULTIPLE Man, Gladiator it has Magneto with a black and red costume which everyone bought for the apocalypse part and the head to use on a real Magneto which we got in the Amazon 3 pack. I never got Multiple Man. I had to order his build a figure part through eBay everyone else I got the figure I just didn't feel like reviewing Gladiator who had nothing and Mohawk Storm well she did nothi ng for me. will wait for Jim Lee Storm to complete my 90s X-Men team.

Articulation
Apocalypse has two standard articulation for a build a figure. Usually this means single joint at the elbows and everything else just like a normal figure. His shoulder pads do limit his articulation a little bit but not too much.
4.0

Paint and sculpt
He seems to be in a modern look that has a different color scheme than traditional apocalypse. His sculpt is pretty good and it could work in a classic colors repaint for a way for Hasbro to reuse that mold. He's not as great as say the toy Biz build a figure but he is much better than that normal size toybiz figure.
4.5

Accessories
Sometimes it's rare for a build-a-figure to get an accessory and apocalypse is no exception. He didn't get an accessory on his wave bought the deluxe Archangel figure have an accessory for Apocalypse the alternate claw hand. Personally I wish she had gotten and X-Men vs. Street Fighter drill... welp! I already spoiled the reason why I wanted the drill.
4.0

Overall
Apocalypse gets a 4.17 as his final score. Personally I never thought I would have enjoyed this build a figured so much. My only nitpick is that he's nodding a classic color scheme other than that he rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment