Jul 23, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: MacGargan, Carpenter, Bench

am saving Doppelganger for a single review, because there is SO MUCH to talk about him that a Multi figure review wouldn't do him justice.

I bought these on eBay without BAF pieces, since I don't care about Not Molten Man... Also, the Far from figures aren't doing much for me... Maybe I'll get Mysterio.

Mac Gargan, turned into an arachnid aberration by J. Jonah Jameson's money. Now left is super strong and deranged criminal Scorpion he wants to kill Spider-Man and JJJ.
Bigger faster stronger than Spider-Man, he is a deadly foe for our arachnid hero. Hopefully you read that small description of scorpion in a Stan Lee voice.

Morris Bench suffered a freak accident involving an untested underwater generator, volcanic gases, and, yiu giessed it Spider-Man. Now Bench has the ability to turn his entire body into water. Think of him like a lesser version of Sandman but with water.

Julia Carpenter gained her Spider powers through a really weird way. Val Cooper injected her with a mix of strange plant compounds and Spider venom. After gaining her powers, she transitioned into the life of a hero.

Now let's start the reviewing part with Mac Gargan...

Articulation
Okay scorpion Slims behave like a normal Marvel Legends figure the only real difference is in his authority chelation which has a ball joint like the females instead of the standard ab crunch. Surprisingly his tail is bendy and super long it's also a bit heavy; so you need to play with both him and the tail to get him into sweet poses.
3.5 (due to the balancing issues)

Paint and sculpt:
 he looks like early days scorpion including the green mouth I'd say a bit after his first appearance around his first upgrade look... I don't think he is reusing any parts and the paint job on mine it's pretty good I don't see any signs of slop or paint bleed.
5.0

Accessories:
Normally I'd say to build a figure part but Sans I bought him used without accessories I cannot officially count them so this is a non applicable section this time.

Overall 
Scorpion gets a 4.25 as his final score. Personally I would have preferred the flesh-toned mouth and maybe have him a bit both your butt he is better than the toy Biz scorpion and it pains me to say that.


Let's take on Arachne:

Articulation
Being brutally honest here there's nothing to write home about. She's literally built on the standard female buck so you know what to expect in both articulation and paint/ sculpt.
4.0

 paint and sculpt
Like I stated before there's nothing to write home about I think I feel legs on her white spider look slightly fuzzy but it's not a huge deal breaker but other than that she's fine I also love that hair hair isn't really red red or orange orange so it's it's got highlights so it looks a bit more realistic which at the same time it's kind of weird since some characters have like a little girl singing shading is nice.
4.5

Accessories
She comes with a build a figure part but since I bought her loose without the build a figure part I don't have that and the other accessories he has is an extra hand with a Psy web shooting out of it. So the accessory she has is a necessary one. I could count it but since I didn't count the accessories part on gargan it wouldn't be fair for him and the others to have some have accessories count for their final score and others not.

Overall:
Julia gets a 4.25 as her final score. It's a decent score for a fear that it's super blind but at the same time unnecessary update to the toy biz one.

Hydrant man oh hydrant man!  what did Hasbro do to you?

Articulation
I could swear he is reusing the Netflix Luke Cage body so the articulation is mostly decent until we get to his arms. They are single joint at the elbows but have a piss-poor range  pardon the pun. Not to mention that their weight makes them nearly impossible to pose.
3.5

Paint and sculpt
 the paint job on him is pretty good most of his sculpt is really awesome even if it might be a reused from the Netflix Luke Cage body. The only thing that looks weird is his face.
3.5

 accessories
 2 plug-in water effects that clip onto his feet.  also build a figure part but since I ordered him loose I cannot fairly count the accessories.

Overall 
Morrie gets a 3.5 as his final score. I think that the smaller body frame coupled with the heavy arms did a lot of harm to him that good. Personally I would have made him a build a figure much like Sandman before him.

Scorpion: I will crush you!
Spidey: You Can say Kill here. We're
not censored like in Fox Kids!

Scorpion: I'll jam my tail up your ass and 
Fill you up with my deadly acid...
*Nefty intervention* That's a bit too graphic
Mac... tone it down a notch!
Scorpion: I'll squeeze you to death until you puke all
your guts out! Then chop your head and jam it down your
Throat!!
*Nefty* Much better...
Spidey: what do you mean "much better"?

Arachne: He means this! Eat Psy web!

Arachne: Take that! And that! And some of this!
Scorpion and Spidey: Ow... Ow... Ow...

Spidey: Thanks for the assist!
Arachne: Wet guy behind you...
Spidey: I know, It's Hydrant man!
Hydroman: I'm Hydroman! Hydroman!

Spidey: and it's the middle of the summer... broad
daylight, unforgiving sun...
Hydroman: I'm evaporating! I'm  evaporating!
Spidey:(mockingly) Oh what a world!
Arachne: This is why I hate hamgong out with you...

1 comment: