Jul 31, 2019

Redoing the MOTU 12-BACK... an idea from a dream

Seems like MOTU Classics days are over. Super 7 is super silent about the situation. Mattel is interested in promoting the oranges line. I went to sleep yesterday and I had a dream. No this is not a farthing Luther King jr. Reference.  I'm simply stating that in my dream  I saw I saw 12 Masters of the Universe Classics figures that we're re-dos of previously existing figures but with a Twist.
They weren't reissues. They were made combining old and new parts to "recreate" the 12 back. (Not the actual 12 back. Ram Man and Man-E-Faces were not in there. Instead Evil Lyn and Mekaneck made it somehow.)

So, I will try to describe these figures to the best of my abilities.

-He-Man was amongst the blandest. He was made from prviously existing parts with the new items being the sword and Axe.
Oo-Larr head on the standard body
Vykron Barbarian Harness
Snake Armor left forearm Prahvus right forearm
Pharavus loincloth with Fisto's belt and Icer boots.
The shield was the s7 Filmation He-Man shield.

-Skeletor was sporting the Alcalá head, a new harness and Loincloth. Strongor boot with Evilseed feet. The new pieces were more ornate versions of his normal armor.
The Havoc staff had a more realistic ram skull.

-Beastman had longer more ape-like arms. The furry armor was a new piece that changed his shape a bit... kinda like Chooblah.

- Man-at-Arms was pretty much the same,   but he had a new helmet... like a cross bewteen Duncan and Dawg-o-Tor. He was also wearing of Prahvus's loincloth.  his armor was in metallic colors to look less toyetic. The backpiece of his armor was new.

-Teela didn't receive that much change but the engineering of her torso kind of looked like she had a plain bodysuit and that the Teela specific armor was A Separate piece.
It looked like she was wearing a cuirass over her bodysuit.
Hair head sculpt was new but it was similar to the classic XI with a much longer ponytail. Also her hair had a bit more volume a bit more curls in it then compared to the classic toy that is mostly straight hair.

-Faker you can probably deduce that he was literally a combination of Skeletor and He-Man the only notable difference was that the sample graph on his chairs that shows that he's a robot was actually sculpted on this figure.

-Zodac is part of the bland club. He was literally normal zodiac with the long flowing cloth the Kobra Khan forearms and Boots. The feathers on his boots got a bit of a weathering job on it and the red Armour was candy apple red metallic... for a vanilla guy, he looked spiffy.

-Trap Jaw was pretty much the same, but with a new Helmet, Jaw, Mechanical arm (and accessories)
The new helmet and jaw had a bit more elaborate detail and in a rusty metallic color.  the arm the arm was improved by making it looking more thicker bigger menacing than the vintage toy counterpart as well as accessories. (No puny looking weapons on him)  Think power arm Terminator...
He had a bit more detail paint job where his skin looked like it was partially rotten and sickly.

-Stratos:  he was pretty vanilla I think he had wings and new Hands to Hold weapons. But I can't recall him that well. I remember mentioning that Stratos was still lame in this version.

-Tri-Klops: I recall a new head for him, blade's thigh with the knife and I think Batros Boots with traditional Barbarian feet. The Loincloth was new and it cpuld hold a second TK sword and a short version of the TK sword.  His harness was the standard one but painted in a more "realistic way".

-Evil Lyn had Huntara's boots and a new helmet.  other than that she looks similar to the NECA staction but in vintage colors

-Mekaneck I don't recall seeing New pieces in the figure he was basically repainted in metallic colors using blast attack arms trap Jaws upper leg and then they'll the lower leg was a normal Shin with icer boots.

 in my dream these were released as a celebration of Masters of the Universe a couple months before the movie Weiss released. Then I felt a huge urge to pee so I have to wake up on I can vaguely remember the details.

I can remember he man clearly because I was thinking of customizing a 200X Classicized He-Man and I tend to gravitate for the Prahvus and Snake armor forearms. Also thinking with Soul Calibur 6 has kept me  in a customizing Masters of the of the Universe mindframe.

But seriously super seven needs to find out a way to make weapons back because I need that giant filmation style Shield you have for all my He-Man figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment