Nov 3, 2019

The Street Fighter race is on Storm Collectibles vs SH Figuarts

And it seems Figuarts is winning! Here's the thing:
I love BOTH Storm and Figuarts, but I'm getting to a point that I HAVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE. I like the Storm Collectibles toys more due to their heft and accessories, but Figuarts has an ace in the hole... or two.
Compatibility with Marvel Legends and Figma, which means Marvel vs Capcom displays... and that nearly all the characters made are in a SUPER Street Fighter II Turbo inspired look. Ryu, Cammy, Chun Li, and Vega are in the SFV style, but with Classic Looks. Blanka, Akuma, and Ken are based on SFIV, but sporting their classic SSFIIT Looks.
The upcoming M.Bison and Sagat have II inspired looks.

Meanwhile Storm Collectibles is making SFV AND USFII figures. While I can Cheat and use thw SFV Ryu, Chun Li, and Zangief, they are NOT SFII versions... so I have to double dip again, but at a higher price!

Which puts Storm back to start with 4 figures (Ryu, Kwn, Guile, and Sagat) vs Figuarts that has: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Cammy, Chun Li, Vega, Blanka, and the Upcoming Sagat, and Bison. That's 9 oht of 17.
Or if we wanna cheat in Storm's favor and Add Arcade Akuma, Chun Li, and Zangief, which makes them 7 out of 17.

No matter how I slice it, Figuarts is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment