Nov 24, 2019

Streaming services: the rant

As you may have noticed by my Mandalorian rant, I have Disney +. And based on the Noelle Stevenson's pop cultural appropriations of She-Ra rants, I also have Netflix. But then there's Hulu, Amazon Prime (which I had and cancelled), The DC universe one that I forgot the name of, HBOnow, and a couple more are coming... it's like these streaming services haven't figured out WHY THEY EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE...



They were meant to free us from the ludicrous prices of cable... now THEY HAVE BECOME CABLE!!

Disney +: $7
Hulu: $6 ($12 without ads)
Amazon prime: $9
CBS Access: $6
Netflix $13 (2 devices)
HBO Max $15 (supposedly it'll combine Crunchyroll, Cartoon network, and DC apps)
That's  $62 dollars right there.
That's reaching cable prices AND they require internet data... which is an additional cost, especiallif your ISP has DATA CAPS.

Then we add the weird hiccups that happen with updates... like Disney + having choppy video and audio problems in certain devices, ISPs, and browsers.

 Don't get me wrong I lost my Netflix and Disney + services, but it feels like we're stepping back but worse! I used to pay $80-ish monthly for cable... the idea for streaming services was for me to save money! But at least I can pick and choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment