Nov 6, 2019

Thoughts on "season 4" of "She-Ra"...

Hoo booy!  This season was a roller coaster. It did some good things it did some bad things but as much as it pains me to say it, it  was mostly good.  the stakes remained High, there was a lot of tension, there was some good character development, and there was a MASSIVE DUMP taken on the She-Ra lore.
This time, my nitpicking is reduced to 5 things:
-Hordak being emasculated by Catra: I get it, Catra is badass, but making a wuss out of Hordak to empower her is a dick move.
-Glimmer became a villain in this season: No, she didn't join the Horde, but her "Civil War" with Adora made her the new Tony Stark.
-Light Hope being the big bad manipulator behind the scenes: It was a surprising move, but this cliche of taking a hero and making them a secret villain is played out.
-Double Trouble: It's rather obvious that Jacob Tobia is NOT an Actor. Their "performance" as Double Trouble was the equivalent of Ronda Rousey acting... if Ronda Rousey was a collection of gay stereotypes written by a homophobe... With that said, while the performance was subpar, the CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PLOT BY THE CHARACTER were awesome. (Especially all the parts where DT was playing someone else.) Again, nothing personal against Jacob Tobia or their activism. It's just that their performance wasn't up to snuff. It felt that they simply sat on the booth and read the lines.
(The shitty thing is that because THEY are a non-binary activist, any criticism against JT will be labeled as a form of "homophobia".) Again, Nothing against Jacob Tobia, the person. I simply didn't like their performance as DoubleTrouble.
-Cringy humor being Cringy: I mentioned that on my PBP of Ep. 1 but there were plenty of instances were bad attempts at humor were made.

But the whole Glimmer becoming a villain (from a certain point of view) pissed me off the most. Also, Perfuma is a white supremacist...
Alt-Right Perfuma...
But all jokes aside, this season was rather enjoyable and 2018 me is looking at me as if I had offended all of my ancestors.

What if Thundercats Roar is actually good?

No comments:

Post a Comment