Nov 20, 2019

Is the impossible whopper any good

Without going into the whole best fast food burger issue, because I'm well aware that the Whopper is not the winner here. For the sake of fairness, I will compare it to the thing it wants to be.

I ordered a real whopper as a control vs the impossible.
No, I did not eat both. I shared them with my assistant, codenamed Spike to have a second opinion.

We ate half and half. So here's the veredict:

"Spike":
Hmm, it's  good. Better than other vegetarian burgers. It doesn't taste 100% like a whopper, but it's pretty close. At least it looks the part.

Personally,  it felt a little bit sandier texture than a normal Burger. The taste it was kind of close. But it's a whopper, so it's not the best sample of a burger. But compared with other vegetarian options, it is in the uncanny valley for a BK burger.

Personally,  I'm not going to be buying this burger too much.
A normal whopper is $3.99 in my neck of the woods. The impossible whopper is $5.49 so, I save money by eating meat!

From a taste point of view, the impossible burger does an acceptable whopper imitation, but I'll stick to the real deal for economic reasons. IF the impossible whopper was cheaper than the normal whopper; I'd be all up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment