Sep 9, 2022

TMNTU wave 9 speculation

 Wave 5 is coming to our doors soon... Wave 8's preorders close ON Friday... guess it's time for me to pull out a Wave 9 speculation post...

I shall make a 4-5 figure waves because Super7 logic. Now we know that waves can have 2 or more variants... or repaints... so, let's do this thing!!

As I have done in recent lists, I'll be doing What I would like to see as a wave. Then I'll do a  Balanced wave... or something that seems balanced enough. The final segment would be what I could skip easily as a wave.

Irma
I will root so hard for the Channel 6 team, because they are a mini faction that is useful on dynamic displays. Also, Irma lends herself for lots of ICFTTC zaniness and can outperv Nefty-kun.

Usagi Yojimbo
I don't expect the ronin look and I'm begrudgingly ready for the Armored version... at least the armored version will kind of match Leonardo the sewer Samurai.

Napoleon Bonafrog
Since we got Genghis Frog, Napoleon is to be Expected. Just as Rocksteady followed Bebop... That way, they fulfill the vintage Punk Frogs AND have parts for repainted punk frogs to complete Atilla and Rasputin.

Tokka
This is cheating, but it covers the whole "1 Turtle per wave" rule also, ir relies on tons of part reuse to exist.

Dr. Stockman
Human Baxter would round up the wave, fill in the variant slot AND can pre-use Vernon parts from the waist down. Basically, take Fly Baxter's clothes and make human baxter wear similar clothing. 2 heads (Mirage AA, and Toon Caucasian) and double the hands from Fly Baxter to cover both the Caucasian and AA versions of him. Add a Prototype Mouser head and some tools and call it a day.

The 4 figure version of the wave excludes Usagi in order to hope that Stan Sakai allows for a Single Usagi Yojimbo figure to be released as a one time release that happens to be in Ultimates scale.

Now for the "Balanced" wave.

Napoleon Bonafrog
Since we got Genghis Frog, Napoleon is to be Expected. Just as Rocksteady followed Bebop... That way, they fulfill the vintage Punk Frogs AND have parts for repainted punk frogs to complete Atilla and Rasputin. I know I mentioned him already, but it makes senseto have him in.

Creepy Crawlin' Splinter
Requires some new parts, but it's inevitable in order to "have a core character" available... it's not like they'd rerelease Splinter with a sleeved kimono.

 Fugitoid 
Since Wave 7 had a Triceraton, it makes sense we see the Fugitoid sooner than later. Also it lends itself for a GITD Redeco that can be called Mirage inspired.

Rat King 
This is a safe choice... while it requires some new tooling, we can easily get either a Mirage repaint later on or a Tournament Fighters repaint.

Classic Rocker Leo
To pair with Punker Don and to keep the joke of delaying Don the Undercover Turtle.

Now the Super7 wants me to Skip wave:

Headspinnin' Bebop
New head with removable glasses and hole on haor for spinning weapon gimmick on a Bebop Repaint.

Rock 'N Roll Mondo Gecko 
A Mondo Gecko without his skateboard and dressed like a hippie... yippee...

Shogun Triceraton
A slightly modified Triceraton body with armor attached and repainted.

Scumbug
I'm not Scumbug's biggest fan. So I can see myself skipping him.

Chief Leo
I think Leonardo has a couple of outfits inspired by The Village People and this is one of the most racially insensitive variants on the line. It covers the we need a turtle on each wave rule.

 Where is Pizzaface?

I'm not using him on the list to avoid disappointment. He's my most wanted figure next to Krang's Android body and I hope he's on Super7's sights...

Also, I didn't put Super Shredder because he's been referenced cryptically with the Silver Shredder promos.

No comments:

Post a Comment