Sep 29, 2022

It came from the Toy Chest: Spider-Man, Spider-Man... Married life of the Spider-Man


 Saves the world with his wife. They have a daughter and no life... Look out here comes the married Man... I honestly had no idea to introduce the Renew your Vows 2 pack that should've been a 3 pack of Spidey, MJ, and Anna May Parker... who was recently Shatratized in the Edge of the Spider-verse series.

Before I can start my review, I need to get somethingnout my chest:

Fuck you Hasbro with your green packaging bullshit. This is not an ecologically friendly strategy. This is a scam to cut corners in packaging and raise prices. Wrapping the figures in parchment paper!? What the actual fuck!? This is going to cause an increase in toy swapping at most retailers. I've had some interactions with Loss Prevention at some retailers regarding Toy Swapping and Accessory stealing.

This new "green packaging" is facilitating the swappers jobs. As a collector, I want folks to enjoy the hobby with the least amount of headaches. This "green packaging" is going to bring more troubles than its worth.


With that out of the way:
This Spider-Man is married to Mary Jane Watson and they conceived a daughter, Anna May Parker, the Spiderling. After defeating The Regent, Spidey took the Regent's tech and made a suit so MJ could protect herself. The only problem is that the suit saps Spidey off his strength. MJ stopped using the Regent suit and began wearing a new suit... one that once belonged to Peter Parker... and Eddie Brock...
Peter is just PETER PARKER but no Joe Quesada interfering with his marriage.

Articulation 
MJ has the standard Female Articulation but she's sporting the new double jointed elbows.
Peter is reusing the recent Spider-Man body but with new toe hinges... we've reached ToyBiz levels of articulation aside fingers.
MJ: Look at me, I'm the Spider-Man now.
Peter: The cringe is real.


Paint and sculpt 
The paintwork on Spidey is pretty good. On Spinneret is good, but a little bit of white slop near her buttcrack kinda looks like Peter shot some web fluid... if you know what I mean.
Wait, both can do the Milo Manara pose....


Accessories 
All they have is unmasked head and the traditional extra hands (fists and wall crawling in addition to the webshooting hands)
Spidey: For some reason I wanna punch Forearm in the dick.
Spinneret: I want to break Deathlok's neck with my thighs...
Spidey: Well, I want to use Cap's shield to chop half the head of a zombie Hand Ninja...
Spinneret: Well, I want to get captured by The Mandarin, so you and Shang Chi save me while Thor waits and does nothing.


Overall
I have to be honest here. I mainly bought this set for the Near ToyBiz articulation on Spidey. Spinneret isn't a must have for me. Had this set been a 3 pack with Annie, Maybe I would've been a bit more excited. It's not a bad set, but if you already have the "Animated Retro Card" Spidey, you don't need this one.
MJ: Felicia hasn't taken the whole Grogu thing that well...
Felicia: HIS NAME IS BABY YODA!!
Peter:Unfortunately, his name is Grogu. It should've been something starting with the letter Y like they had Yoda and Yaddle...
MJ: That doesn't make any sense. That would be like if every Human had to have a name starting with the letter H... Like say Hwil Hweaton...
Felicia: Don't worry Baby Yoda, I won't let anyone call you Grogu...
Peter: Screw this, I'm out!
MJ: We're out! Don't leave me with Felicia and her crazy theories...


No comments:

Post a Comment