Sep 1, 2022

Top figures I want to see on TMNTU As of August 30

 Which is the date I started writing this rant...

This won't be a make a wave kind of thing but a Making a Case for... kind of rant. I can't say what will be on this list until I make it, because I Don't Know Who Will Be In It until I write it. So I can't say if there won't be variants, or folks from other media until I write the list... but knowing me, there will definitely be some outside of vintage choices... 

Rat King
This is an obvious and safe choice. Most TMNT Continuities have had to deal with a Rat King. We kinda know what to expect based on the vintage toy. I would like to see more rats, maybe the flute from the cartoon, and an extra head.

Venus di Milo
Controversial choice because everyone hates Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation. She has potential under better writers, but I'm not here talk about shows. I'm here to talk toys. Using the "Classicizer" argument, Venus could enter the vintage style.  While, yes, she would require lots of new tooling, she could get partial reuse with a potential Jennika... maybe she could share some parts with Mona Lisa (mainly thighs and biceps). 

General Traag
Unfortunately for me, he will most likely be based of the vintage toy. Maybe a Toon based head in Vintage toy colors to somewhat reconcile both looks. Additional Military weapons would be nice... Honestly, I just wish he was the Toon version "Classicized". The main reason I can "accept the toy version" is the "I had him as a kid rule". If he doesn't get an extra head, I mighe end up repainting him with browns, terracotta, and oranges to make a Hybrid Traag with no new sculpt, since Green stuff makes the figures heavier...

Usagi Yojimbo
The vintage toy version is not my favorite version of Usagi. I don't know if the legalese with Stan Sakai has been dealt with.
The only reason I can "tolerate" armored Usagi is pairing him up with Leonardo the Sewer Samurai. I HOPE that we could get an ULTIMATES Usagi sub-line so we can have a normal Usagi.

Foot Soldier
I'm well aware that we have already gotten a Foot Soldier... I have 4 of them. But as an army builder figure, it should come back once in a while for customers to get more. I've mentioned changing the weapons as an incentive to buy them again.

Casey Jones 2.0
It was brought to my attention that the Original Casey Jones figure was intended to have a removable mask.
So, Super7 could do the next best thing and rerelease the Casey Jones Figure with a brown Golf Bag and accessories. Obviously tossing the second unmasked head, extra mask and hand to hold the mask.

Karai
While the Toyline was more Cartoon heavy after the first two waves, Mirage stuff popped up occasionally in later waves (Triceraton warrior and Fugitoid come to mind). So Karai wouldn't be too far out of place as a new addition. Her body parts could have potential reuse with other vintage figures. I believe that I'VE said that combining pieces from Ninja Newscaster April and Princess Mitsu (or Shogun April) could give us most of the parts for Karai. 

Tokka and Rahzar 
I mention them together, because it's pointless to mention one and not the other. Movie accuracy is out of the question. Tokka should be Slash with a new head, arms, and belt. Rahzar should look like his toy counterpart, weird palette and all that. Cue me repainting them in more accurate movie colors. I know that you're wondering why my insistence on asking for toy colors when I'm going to repaint my figures? The answer is obvious, it's because I know most people are fueled by Nostalgia with this line and my tastes are not necessarily aligned with everyone else's nostalgia. 

Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki
The figures don't necessarily NEED to be the Mutatin' versions of Splinter and Shredder, but they are a necessity. Whether you have Splinter as a mutated Yoshi, or the mutated pet of Yoshi, Hamato Yoshi is needed for the origin stories of the TMNT... we need an unmasked Shredder, hence the Oroku Saki figure. I would also like an Oroku Nagi and Tang Shen to have the real Mirage Origin cast. 

Shredder Clone
I have talked about these already, but here I go again: the Mirage Shredder Clones are a way to not only "Rerelease" a Shredder, but having canonical variants is always a good thing.
I would change the torso and crotch piece to a more "Mirage Accurate" look. Basically a sculpted tunic for Shredder. That way all S7 would have to do later is repaint this body in Toon colors. Now back to Shredder's clone. His skin would be grey and his clothes would be dark colored. He would come with the same accessories as Shredder. 

4 armed Shredder Clone
I've talked about these clones and recently, The idea of using a MOTUC body for Super Shredder makes me want a 4 armed Clone using the MOTUC body... just picture a "traditional Shredder" but with 4 arms and a MOTUC sized body... part of me wants a sculpted shirt, but the other wants him shirtless as the vintage toy.
He wouldn't have weapons since he needs about 8 hands and that's it.

Claw Shredder Clone
I honestly don't know what could be added to him other than closed and opened claws. New head and arms on a Shredder body would work for him. Maybe adding the Mini Shredder clone as an accessory...

Mona Lisa
I did mention her when talking about Venus. She's a late game figure of a somewhat popular toon character... in some ways she was the Proto-Venus. So I want her... preferably with a second more Toon accurate head. 

Irma, Burne, and Vernon
I want the rest of the Channel 6 crew. April needs more human companions. I would prefer cartoon accurate looks, but I know that we have to go with vintage toy looks. I hope Burne gets a non-eating head and the Sandwich isn't stuck to his hand. Vernon should be able to ditch the photographic camera... 

April the Ravishing Reporter
Soft goods alternative Skirt!! Not pleather, just cloth, for longevity. A couple of extra heads would be nice. One based on the card art, one inspired by Judith Hoag's hairdo in the TMNT movie, and maybe the vintage toy head from the first April but with the reddish color from the "Toon head". If her skintone matches the first April, even better. If I have the option to display April not wearing her banana suit, I would.

Pizzaface 
I kinda made a case for Pizzaface. So I won't go into detail. But his prototype had an interesting feature or two that I'd like to see on the S7 figure...

Super Shredder 
Of course, Super Shredder makes the list... and he would complete the TMNT TIT Roster. The first thing I'll say is: Mumm-Ra Sized Figure. I just realized that Super Shredder reuses the Wacky Action Shredder body. With new head and arms... I want to see a Wacky Action Shredder, but on normal Ultimates size and Super Shredder on the Mumm-Ra size... 

There are over 20 figures here, so I'll stop for now.
I could've mentioned the missing 2 punk frogs, Walkabout, Dirtbag and Groundchuck, Wingnut and Screwloose, the Neutrinos, but right now these are my TOP WANTS. They could change in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment