Sep 4, 2022

Twerking She-Hulk: a rant

 The internet has been torn apart by She-Hulk twerking with Megan You Male Horse in a ridiculously cringy scene that rivals

Emo Peter Parker from Tobey-Man 3... but She-Hulk twerking is far more cringe... just for 3 words: Megan, Thee, and Stallion. I know that comics love to pull that celebrity cameo bullshit that becomes dated in a few years. Not to mention that it reeks of desperation... It's like they're yelling: "We're cool, hip and trendy!" When we know they're not.
Before anyone tries to say that I hate the Megan Thee Stallion because she's black, I'd have the same reaction if they had brought BTS, Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Joe Jonas, Justin Bieber, etc. Having the B-story to be around a celebrity cameo playing themselves is extremely cringy. 

So, The act of She-Hulk twerking isn't what bothers me. The forced Celebrity Cameo is what bothers me. Some may argue that her twerking goes against her speech from episode 1 about being taken seriously and not being dismissed as an object. I KINDA GET what they're saying, but at the same time, I can let it slide, due to understanding the whole having a massive brainfart while fangirling... to this day I still can't believe my massive brainfart when I met young Ben Tennyson or Timmy Turner... I'll go with Yumi Francois... because semi obscure anime reference. 

Yeah, the scene was cringy but it's a disposable mid credits scene that was added as a gag. It wasn't the Key scene of the entire series... unlike the Direct Cringe scene from an incompetent director...
I would've expected more complaints about raceswapping members of the Wrecking Crew than She-Hulk twerking.

No comments:

Post a Comment