May 10, 2023

Reese's are awesome, but which one is best?

 No, Pikamee is not a guest writer here at the House of Rants, dayo! ピカミーは暴言屋のゲストライターじゃないんだよ!But like Pikamee, I too love Reese's peanut butter cups... the normal ones, not the White chocolate ones. Those suck ass! The dark chocolate ones are good, but the filling is usually the traditional Peanut Butter mix.

Unfortunately, the Elvis cups with banana creme have been unavailable for 16 years. So, the current filling variants on Reese's right now are:
Normal
Crunchy
Creamy

Which I got at Walgreens on Tuesday... of course it was Tuesday
The normal variety were obviously the control. I taste tested them at room temperature and refrigerated. Mostly because I wasn't going to ruin some Reese's by letting them melt. What kind of sick fuck would do that to Reese's!

Room temp:
There was no difference in the consistency of the peanut butter filling between normal and crunchy. The crunchy bits reminded me a bit of Nestle's Butterfinger in texture, but not of bits of peanut. Some people claim that they're actual peanuts, but I didn't see any in mine. It's not like the Reese's crunchy peanut bars that you can see and taste the real peanuts.
The creamy variety felt like a slightly airier version of the normal peanut butter. 

Refrigerated:
Zero difference whatsoever both visually and in texture. Again, the main difference was the crunchy "Butterfinger-like" bits that allegedly are peanuts. 

The thing is that NORMALLY, I dislike Butterfinger's crispy peanut butter. The texture "triggers" my gag reflex. Here I didn't get that response... So not all bad. The "creamy" variety on the other hand, wasn't "creamy". That's due to the powdered sugar added to the Reese's Peanut butter, which makes the Peanut Butter more grainy.

So how do I rank them?
It's a bit hard, since there wasn't a huge difference between them. The Crunchy ones beat Traditional Reese's by a smidge. The least enjoyable one was the Creamy. I really hope the Elvis Banana Creme Reese's would make a comeback...

I think I'll end this rant with a little Elvis... No, I won't play in the ghetto, blame Cartman for that. 

Before anyone asks, no I'm not fine... I'm not to messed up, but I am going through some not so good stuff, and I'm reviewing food for crying out loud... yay depression!


No comments:

Post a Comment