May 6, 2023

Older DC live action could work for McFarlane: a rant

 The Flash has a decent Michael Keaton Batman figure, but it's not 1989 or 1992 accurate... so, a 1989 or 1992 McFarlane Accurate* Michael Keaton Batman would be cool.

*= Accurate from the neck down, because Facial Likeness is rarely accurate with McFarlane toys.

I'm not just talking about Batman... which is a given, that includes a Nicholson outfit Joker, but lacking Jack's likeness because Jack Nicholson isn't big on toys having his likeness. Jim carrey Riddler, Chris O'Donnell Robin (preferably the Batman forever version), a Schwarzenegger Freeze, etc... but why stop there?

I'm thinking let's go broader:
Shaq as Steel, Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman,  John Wesley Shipp as The Flash, Dean Cain as Superman, Dick Durock as Swamp Thing, if it has been DC and Live Action, then it should be fair game... Hell, even Brenton Thwaites, because Fuck Batman!! could be available... No, I don't want a Keanu Reeves Constantine, but others might.

While I'm at it, I wouldn't oppose to 7 inch scale Batman 66 stuff...
No, this is not totally an idea to have Mr. Hawaiian Punch running across the multiverse... but if that's what allows me to get what I want, so be it. 

The only issue that would screw this idea over is likeness rights... but yeah, I just REALLY WANT a Dean Cain Superman.
Believe it or Not, I want him as Superman in toy form.


No comments:

Post a Comment