May 7, 2020

It... caME! From the... Toy? CHEst!! Space... The? Final... FRONtier

These... Are... the VOYages? of the... Starship... EnterPRIse!
 Its! five-year? mission!
To? EXplore... strange nEW worlds... To sEEk... out? new LIfe and... new? civilizaTIONs. To bOLDly!! Go? where... no man... has gone? BEfore!
And this is the part where my Mom would wail the chorus like a banshee. Then she would scold me for mocking Captain James Tiberius Kirk... I would say that no one cared enough about TJ Prostitute for me to mock. She'd correct me angrily and then act as if something was to my right. I'd look and get slapped on the back of the head. She'd blame the gremlin... point is that my irreverent appreciation to the Shatman is in part due to my Mom's admiration of William Shatner.

 Captain Kirk in a nutshell: A collecrion of interspecies STDs, a clear violation of the Prime Directive.

And the line died with just Kirk and Piccard... No Spock, Ryker, McCoy, Beverly Crusher, Sulu, or... SHUT UP WESLEY!!
I... can't... get any!
Sig? NAL!! On the...
CoMMUnicaTOR!!

Articulation
 Since this is a McFarlane toy and has it requires the bullshit rituals I complained about recently. The waist seems like it has an articulation point but despite eating it up it won't budge. so I'm not going to risk it. He's got single jointed elbows and knees very basic articulation and unlike the doomguy most of it is usable. Sadly he cannot create a Infamous Kirk sitting pose.
3.5
Paint and sculpt 
Since it's a McFarlane Toy, the sculpt here didn't disappoint. His face kind of looks like Michael Myers... the one from Halloween not the one from Shrek. I had to re-watch a couple of episodes of the original series to catch the likeness all Shatner next to the toy.  My Kirk had no visible issues on the paint Department.
5.0
The other pic was the
most dynamic pose I could get out
of Kirk... NO! He's not trying to
send Dick picks to Yeoman Rand

Accessories
Extra hand
Phaser
Communicator
Rifle
Sadly he has no tribbles...
4.5

Overall

James Tiberius Kirk gets a 4.33 as his final score. It's a VERY GOOD Score for a McFarlane Toy. It's a shame that the line got cancelled. We could have used mein Enterprise crew for both original and Next Generation... also we were denied the ultimate variant 2 pack:
Pon Farr Spock vs Kirk...

No comments:

Post a Comment