May 10, 2020

Why I'd rather have enhanced remasters than remakes for Xenogears and Chrono Trigger

Short answer: Final Fantasy VII Remake. Since this is the House of Rants, that answer isn't good enough for me. So, Aiiiiyeeeeee ah tatatatatatatataaah! Kick punch it's all in the rant...  I honestly don't know why that Parappa reference got there!

Based on what Square Enix did with the Final Fantasy 7 remake I do not trust them for a Xenogears or Chrono Trigger remakes. Think about it: They couldn't deliver Final Fantasy VII as a single game in the remake. We don't know HOW LONG it'll take them to do so. Not only that, but Chrono Trigger doesn't have an "easy spot" to have a cut-off point unlike FFVII REMAKE. Well, they COULD get away with ending the "first game" after The Trial and Crono's escape from prison. For Xenogears, I'm guessing the game could cut off shortly after Dazil... before getting captured by Bart's crew.

But I don't want that. I got burnt badly with a multi-game saga that had Xeno- as a prefix. I don't want to wait 8 years to finish a remake if a game I've already beaten its original form. I'd rather have an enhanced remaster with maybe some extra dungeons and bosses and call it a day.  that way I get the whole game a few extras and I don't have to wait 8 to 10 years to complete it.

Xenogears would look pretty cool with HD Sprites and some enhanced backgrounds.

But the biggest reason is that with Xenogears's team gone... and Square ENIX's "dream team" being iffy in the storytelling department, would ruin these games. I don't trust Nomura, Nojima, Tabata, and Toriyama to do justice to these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment