Aug 12, 2020

Snake Mountain is coming yet again...

I got an email from Super7 giving us an update on the Snake Mountain playset. Apparently they will begin to ship by the end of the month.

Honestly, I just want this to be over. I am tired of the whole Snake Mountain drama. It's coming, delayed, now it's coming, nope another delay... so on and so forth. A while back I commented on how Mattel was pushing me out of MOTU... well Super7 kinda contributed tothat in a lesser scale with some of their blunders.

But to be fair on Super7, while their shenanigans contributed to my feelings of being out of touch with MOTU, the whole Snake Mountain is becoming a tangible thing means that once it arrives, I will have to accept the reality that Mom isn't here to share this event. If y'all have read past posts regarding Snake Mountain, you know the backstory. But for those of you who don't here's an abridged version:
My Mom had a hard time finding 80s Snake Mountain and Grayskull and ended up buying a display set from a store.
When she saw the MOTUC Snake Mountain she was adamant on me getting one. She had put some money aside for it before her death. I found the money and put it on a savings account. In an act of stubbornness,  I started saving my own money for Snake Mountain... life issies came and went and life forced me to use my Snake Mountain funds and by the time Snake Mountain's preorder was live; I couldn't pay for it by myself.
Mom paid for it from beyond the grave... in a strange way, it feels like I paid an extremely high price for Snake Mountain... in the end she got me Snake Mountain, but I'd rather have Mom...

So yeah, Snake Mountain is a bittersweet victory for me. My reason for wanting the whole drama surrounding Snake Mountain to be over is because I have issues and Snake Mountain seems to trigger joy and sorrow. Every bit of news tears up my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment