Aug 22, 2020

Before I begin with TMNT Ultimates: a rant

The Ultimates are finally here and  they have been pretty fun I must say. They successfully transported me back to 1989 till 1993. But I DO have some "issues"...
More like nitpicks or what ifs:
Don't get me wrong, I love what they did with the ultimates TMNT line, but this list is mostly for fun and in no way a filler rant because I haven't finished my photoshoots.

There's a part of me that wishes they had stuck to Masters of the Universe Classics bodies. Picture of a Super Buff foot Soldier...  or even better a MOTUC buff Splinter. I can almost taste the JoJo references.

Part of me wishes that they were more MOTUC-Like...

-Uh, Nefty, you just said that...

No, I didn't. My previous point was about the bodies. This one is about Aesthetics. Let's use Buzz-Off as an example. He is mostly vintage inspired, but has a few new elements from 200X added to make him pop. How would this work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figure? Let's use Splinter as an example: HE is purely based on the vintage toy.  Spicing him up? Second head based on his 2003 look in vintage colors, and maybe the grappling hook from the 2007 movie toyline. Same idea could be applied to other characters like say the Shredder: toss in a cloth tunic based on the toon or Archie comics. A Helmet based on the 2003 line...

Part of me.wish that they weren't  so slavish to the vintage line. We don't need to have the Vintage paint errors (like Shredde's helmet brows). No one asked for Flesh colored bracers on He-Man? Do we need turquoise weapons for Casey?

Part of me wishes ALL HAD ALTERNATE heads.
So far only the turtles are benefiting from this. Baxter could have used an extra head with a different expression, foot soldier could have used a battle damaged head, Splinter could have used a more modern head that could have looked like the cartoon version or any of the other modern iterations.  Bebop could have used a 2012 inspired head. Shredder could have used and Oroku Saki head, just to name a few.

Part of me wishes we could get cheaper foot soldiers.
We need to army build those fools... a decent foot ninja army is 16. 3 for each turtle and the remaining 4  to flank Shredderor to hold the kidnapped April.

Part of me wishes we could have Weapon packs.
Especially ninja weapons for the Foot Soldiers. I won't deny that it's more influence from the Konami games than anything else.

With that said, I'm enjoying the Ultimate TMNT toys a bit too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment