Jan 3, 2021

Another alternative to MAKE TMNT GREAT AGAIN

 I was chatting with my cousin, who I hadn't seen in years... The one whose POP dolls I had to use in secret to truly play She-Ra... Latin American here, so toxic masculinity and macho culture forced me to have to hide me playing with them, unless I wanted to get the potential gay beaten out of me. She knows about my Toy Love and asked me if I had seen the new He-Man toys at Wal-Mart that look like the ones we had as kids. (Oranges)

I replied, that I was aware of that Toyline and that after MOTUC, I wasn't going to be too into these guys. That I may get a few of them like Merman, Hordak, She-Ra... when I said She-Ra, she froze. Probably having a Vietnam flashback or something. When she came back, she asked about Frosta, Catra, Bow, and "my girlfriend"... She was disappointed when I told her that so far, they weren't making Glimmer, Frosta, Catra, or Bow. She then hit me with a surprising idea:

They (Playmates) should make a Ninja Turtles line like that (MOTU ORIGINS)...

I looked at her dumbfounded and said that it was impossible, because Mattel has no rights to TMNT.

She looked at me seriously and said:

No, you dildo, I mean whoever makes Ninja Turtles should make new toys that look like the old toys with modern articulation.

I understood her point and I kinda agree... since I remembered my 2012 TMNT reviews, where I praised the new turtles for being compatible with the old line, but with new articulation. Also I criticized the poor articulation on the Mirage Shredder in my recent Mirage comic set review. I think it could work. Picture that comic book Turtles from that set add a wrist cut and maybe some ankle articulation and they'd be perfect! Heck, some 2012 figures could get a new head and we could call it a day... (Usagi, Fugitoid come to mind)

Playmates can reissue the Party Wagon and other vehicles from either the vintage,2012, or Rise lines in pseudovintage colors.

These "MOTUO Slayer TMNT" would be a much cheaper alternative to Super7 or NECA... or a complementary line. The point is that Playmates NEEDS to do something with the brand BEYOND releasing a couple of repaints every once in a while. This idea plays to Playmates's strengths and it would be both kid and collector friendly. The only thing that bugs me is that I didn't think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment