Jan 14, 2021

FFVII Spin-offs... Square Enix is dead serious on milking FFVII Dry

First SOLDIER was one of the recent trademarks by SE. What does it mean? It kind of reminds me of the whole Captain America first avenger thing. Of course we're talking about the Hot Topic raiding silver-haired mama's boy... Sephiroth!

I'm intrigued by this. A game from Sephiroth's perspective? I suppose it will start with the Wutai war and end up with the Nibelheim incident 5 years ago... because that's where Sephiroth dies. To be honest, the Wutai war era Sephiroth is what interests me the most.

The other Trademark was Ever Crisis... which worries me. I'm guessing this is the Reboot name for the new Compilation of Finaru Fantaji Sebun. Unlike in the original era compilation, now we have an incomplete Crisis... We only got out of Midgar and have roughly 56 hours of original game to go; but Square Enix is putting effort in Spin-offs without the complete main game... it's starting to smell like Xeno-prefix games in here... Fun fact: the Xenoblade series owes EVERYTHING to Final Fantasy VII. Xenogears was a rejected pitch for Final Fantasy VII, that became its own IP. After Square decided not to pursue more Xenogames, the team migrated to Namco and made Xenosaga. After Namco axed Xenosaga, team Monolith soft became a free agent and made Xenoblade series. So, if it wasn't for Final Fantasy VII, Xeno- wouldn't have existed.

Now this Xeno- talking brings me to my next point:
FFVIIR 2 should allow us to have multiple outfits for the characters. I'm going to suggest a Xenogears themed set of Secret Outfits for the characters:
Cloud is Fei
Aerith is Elly
Tifa is Emeralda
Yuffie is Maria
Cait Sith's Moogle is Chu-Chu
Vincent is Billy Lee Black
Cid is Bart
Barret is Rico Banderas
REDXIII would be the only one without a costume for obvious reasons.


I would also suggest a Lightning outfit for Cloud but that is not the main topic here.  I'm not against spin offs, I just want the main game to be the Principal Focus here. Once we get through the main game bring all the spin-offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment