Jan 15, 2021

It's official: Playmates Toys is incredibly lazy

 Yet another set of vintage TMNT reissues... Sorry 2 Sets of vintage reissues.


Sure they used the updated leg for Shredder, but still keep the eyebrows over the helmet mistake....
Sure the other set is slightly better, but aside Baxter, I think the others were reissued a couple years back (5-10 years ago-ish?) So, this retread feels like Al Bundy's 4 touchdowns 

I'm not ordering these. Paying  $190 + shipping for toys that should not cost more than $5 each is truly outrageous...
Unlike the "Mirage set", the prices for each figure is insane. Yes I'm aware that the comic said was overpriced compared to what I mentioned but the price difference wasn't as huge as it is with these sets. The price for figure on the Mirage set was roughly $6 and change per toy. On these sets it's closer to $15 per toy. 

The nostalgic part of me is a bit excited for them, but I got to listen to reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment