Jan 10, 2021

Odds and ends Jan 9-10: Videogames, toys, and other stuff.

 Oh no... Cobra Kai creator claims that the series end is not on Season 4... from a storytelling perspective. This scares me, because as much as I'm enjoying the series, there isn't that much material left for the plot.
Season 4 is preparing the 2, er... 3 teams to face off in a controlled environment and prove which ideology prevails. Kreese's extremist views of Old Cobra Kai, Johnny's less murderous "Cobra Kai Light" Eagle Fang, or the pacifist self-defense style of Miyagi-Do? Then there's the battle for Robbie's soul between Johnny and Kreese.

Season 3 while good, it had some forced elements to draw nostalgia from us old farts. Okinawa, I'm looking at you... and it feels like this season is gonna be mistly training montage for a... let me quote Little Kuriboh's Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged episode:
Fantastic
Incredible
Legendary
League
Elite
Rare

Accolades
Regional 
Championship

And that scares me. This second under 18 All Valley karate tournament is already reeking of Karate Kid Part III. And despite ME LIKING KKp3, the movie was unnecessary... what's next, the All Valley under 18 karate tournament will make National News and force Julie-san to slap somesense into Daniel-san and Jonhhy!? The series must end on a high note long before it turns into a pathetic husk of what it used to be...
Not going to mention any shows...


The English voice actor of Yanglang has passed away... Brad Venable, who voiced the weird haired dude who kicks your ass in Bailu village but gets terrified of Shenhua, has been seen by Haley Joel Osment. I honestly had no clue to who he was so I had to imdb him and he was Additional Voices in FFVII: Sephiroth Kingdom Heartsed the game. My condolences to the family and friends... 

So, I got Resident Evil 4 on the Switch and I'm so out of practice (and without a Chicago Typewriter) as I've been playing it and getting my ass kicked before reaching the town. In my frustration, I decided to play the original MGS on PC using a PS1 emulator. Using my physical copy of the game, so put down the pitchforks, torches, and tell JJJ that I'm not a threat or menace. The game  kicked my ass way too much before reaching the Revolver Ocelot fight. The reason is quite simple: The controls. This is also ppart of the reason why I haven't finished OoT3D. O have gotten accustomed to modern 3D games and the older ones feel clunky, sluggish, and outdated from a 2021 perspective. 

Unlike 2D games, 3D games tend to have issues with controls the further back we go. These issues stem from how much gaming has evolved. The only way you can feel the same disconnect in the 2D era is going from Atari 2600 to the NES.

This will cause some delays on the Resident Evil 4 review... and Capcom's Beat 'em up collection isn't helping either. Already beat CAPtain COMmando and Final Fight.

I hate it when retailers don't send shipping notifications for online orders. Right now I'm in limbo regarding Snake Mountain. On the other hand, Tokka and Rahzar arrived Yesterday. They will come out the Toy Chest soon. As a small sneak peek, here is a pic that WON'T BE ON THE REVIEW.
Shredder: GO HAVE FUN MY BABIES!!
Tokka: *Kaiju noises*
Rahzar: *Howl*
Leonardo: I guess we have to fight!
Donatello: Should we? This situation looks
disadvantageous for us. Falling back strategically would be a better solution.
Raphael: *curses in Italian*
Michelangelo: *Having Super7 Bebop Vietnam flashbacks*
Marty: This is Heavy, Doc! Doc? DOC!?


There are some ambiguous areas, but it basically boils to:
No spoilers, no sharing of content unless you recorded it... game previews are SOL now.
No sharing of game music.  This one hurts me personally. Mainly because I use game music to make long drives shorter. Especially Capcom Music. Mega Man, Street Fighter, darkstalkers, even Ace Attorney are some soundtracks I jam to when driving. did I ever tell you about the time when a hooker tried to trick me into  soliciting sex while I was jamming to Guile's Theme? True story.

Then there's something about mods/art being made with the age group the game is made for... Roll R34 is evil... So are the R34 for Chun Li and Lilith... which is funny since Lilith is literally a SEX DEMON!! Erotic fan works MADE a lot of Capcom games into household names. This is very likely to receive a backlash in Capcom's home turf in Japan... Brace yourselves: Capcom R34 is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment