Jan 7, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: Krang's Android Body by NECA


 I was going to open with a joke about the Android Body looking like Mama June, but it would be disrespectful to... Nope! I already dug the hole deep enough and refuse to keep digging. While I did buy the Krang from a Firendly Neighborhood Scalper-Man... Blame the lack of Target in Puerto Rico and NECA not offering them online... soeaking of which, where are my Tokka and Rahzar?

Krang's Android body was supposed to arrive on Saturday 9th. Somehow it made it earlier and it was delivered on Three Kings Day which is a holiday observed in Puerto Rico and USPS offices are closed. basically krang's Android body is my Three Kings Day present. Think of Three Kings Day as a second Christmas.

Let's talk about the body made for Krang by Shredder... so Shredder is not only a ninja, but an expert in Robotics...

Articulation:
The Android Body has standard Human NECA Articulation... aside the single joint elbows because it's fat and no ab articulation due to the pink megalomaniac shoved in there.
SINCE THIS IS A NECA TOY, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE RITUALS BEFORE TINKERING WITH THE ARTICULATION!
There have been some breakage issues with the body, but for NECA it was Tuesday...
The ankles are problematic and this figure has rather small feet and is very top-heavy. The ankles are rather stiff to compensate, but if they were set awkwardly in package...
You're going to have a bad time.  HE will fall a lot and that means that he'll be more prone to the NECA breakage... but under perfect conditions, It would get a
4.5


Paint and sculpt: 
The sculpt is really good. It captures the look of Krang's Android Body. The paint is a bit sloppy but it has that 1980s hand-drawn cartoon feel. Even Baby Shredder looks amazing.
5.0


Accessories:
2 antennae
4 extra hands (small grip and big grip)
2 blaster hands
2 chained spiked ball hands
1 axe hand
1 rotating saw hand
2 blueprints
1 body towel
1 head towel
1 soap on a rope
Rocksteady: Crap! It's Super7 Bebop!
Krang: I came prepared! *I* won't drop the soap...
S7Bebop: I'm gonna *expletive redacted* your brains out...
Krang: *I* AM a brain, stupid pig!
S7Bebop: I may be a pig, but *YOU* are the one who's gonna be squealin'!

By sheer number of accessories, we know what the score will be. I just wish we had closed fists... Also, I wonder what they'll do for the TMNT:TiT repaint.
5.0

Overall:
Krang's Android Body gets a 4.83 as his final score. I don't want to be negative, but I'm wary of the circled areas... I'll explain:
I have already explained that the figure is stop heavy and as you can see a small peg is what joins Krang's housing to the lower body. I'm worried about that peg breaking.
While I couldn't circle it, Krang's housing worries me as well. Is thin and hard... especially on the area that attaches to the Upper body. I sense possible breakage there.

I mentioned the ankles being stiff, which avoid the figure toppling down. I seem to recall mentioning that since they are stiff and hard to post it could make the figure fall due to unstable footing. In addition to that I'm worried that the bag could be a bit too thin and break off... This still is a NECA figure.  Last but not least, I mentioned the interchangeable hands because the pegs feel a bit too hard to pop in and pop out. I've already seen reports about them breaking on the figure. Figure stand plus blue tac are highly recommended.
Victory is MINE!!
I think Super7 have their work cut out for them if they want to beat this Krang... it's not perfect, but it's rather close.
All they need to do is learn from NECA's mistakes and improve on the possibly $65 toy version inspired S7 Krang.

No comments:

Post a Comment