Sep 22, 2021

The unhelpful "help sites" can be a huge pain...

 Have you ever been on a site and received a notification that you did something bad and violated a rule or policy?

Apparently I have done that on a forum post from 2011. That's a post made roughly 10 years ago. So I get a notification of said violation. I'm like OK what did I do wrong? All I get is a vague term that means pretty much everything from posting an expired link all the way to illegal distribution of licensed material...

I'm like What the Hell did I do!? All I get is: It's any of those things we mentioned, but we're not really sure about it... which makes me mad, because I have no idea what I did wrong. So I ask, what was the offensive post that I need to fix? All I get is that the "bad post" was made in 2011 and that I should go through all of my posts and attempt to find whatever it is that was wrong but with NO idea what's wrong.

If the "experts" have no idea what's wrong, how the hell do they expect ME to fix something that I don't know what it is or how do I fix it? 

Even deleting the offending post won't fix anything since most of these sites love to store the violations on record, DESPITE one following their instructions on how to fix them, then they PUNISH YOU FOR FOLLOWING THEIR INSTRUCTIONS!! Not gonna say names but the site rhymes with Spacemook.

Why can't these sites be more Specific on what I did wrong and how to fix it like say:

On this post on March 15th, 2011, there is a dead link, please fix that.

That would be specific and helpful... the incredibly vague approach and "they'll figure it out" method of solving problems helps NO ONE!! It's almost as if they want us to be violating the rules/policies...

No comments:

Post a Comment