Sep 11, 2021

Wow... Mattel found a way to kill my love for MOTU.

 I will still watch the bastardization with Peter Parker Uchiha-Tennyson as "He-Boy". But from the toy angle Mattel definitely killed my love for He-Man. 

Origins, though I don't buy them much, are now relegated to Mattel Store Creations and Target exclusives.

Masterverse is relegated to Target exclusives and impossible to find "normal releases"

Masterverse is going to be divided in 3 lines... I don't trust the Princess of Power section to go beyond She-Ra herself.

These Sub-Lines are:
-Revelation, based on Kevin Smith's take on MOTU
-He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, based on the Netflix bastardization 
-New Eternia, based on concept art that Mattel alters just enough to avoid any possible repercussions from any of the underpaid artists and their estates who they'll rip-off. (I believe these will be the peg warmers... if they ever reach the pegs, because Mattel's awful distribution.)

With Mattel's shitty distribution and overabundance of exclusives unavailable to people outside the lower 48 states plus Alaska and Hawaii, there's no point to invest time on Masterverse or on Origins.

I still kinda want to buy a few of them, but guess what? Aside a $48.36 Battlecat, I haven't seen anything MOTU for quite some time.
And figures on retail are supposed to be "cheaper than Mattycollector" because "they make a lot more of them"... 
Origins didn't "hook me in"... and y'all know I have a couple of those.
I haven't been able to get Masterverse to see if they can "hook me in"... Battlecat and his ridiculous price tag have worked in the opposite way Mattel intended.



No comments:

Post a Comment