Sep 22, 2021

Ugh, Hollywood... Leave Saint Seiya alone!

 Million of Latin American fans joined in terror as they read this bit of news...

They joined in choris and began singing:

Cuando Hollywood haaaace anime
Me ponen a temblaaaar
Sin duda se que alguien por ahí
La tendrá que cagaaaar

Caaaaballeres del zodiaque
Cuando lanzan su ataaaaque
Guardan siempre en su Corazón el reparto de errores...

Cuando Hollywood haaaace anime
Me ponen a temblaaaar
Sin duda se que alguien por ahí
La tendrá que cagaaaar

Caaaaballeres del zodiaque
Cuando lanzan su ataaaaque
Guardan siempre en su Corazón el reparto de errores...

Caballeres del zodiaque
Contra los fanboys demoniacos...
Politicamente correctos es que ellos van a venceeeeer...

Ah, I almost forgot the explanation: that's an adaptation of La Canción de los Errores Heroes. That was the Latin American intro to the first part of Saint Seiya. Not a cover to I Ran (so far away) and most definitely not pegasasu fantaji.
Funny thing is that the Spanish intro is a translation of the French intro and is sung in Spanish by a French dude.

Probably some avid reader, my guess is a certain mediocre "professional" writer, will use one of his 10 fake accounts and call me a hypocrite because 12 years ago, I thought that a Saint Seiya live action adaptation would be a good idea... not going to say any names, butnyou know who I'm talking about... Kiki will never be a thing... it feels much forced, like The Nostalgia Critic using his cats Buster and Chaplin... but at least you like cats, which is a good thing in my book.

At least Seiya is Japanese... he's played by Mackenyu, the son of Sonny Chiba. Saori will be played by the girl that ended up inside Jack Black in Jumanji... Mitsumasa Kido, a very Japanese sounding name has a Super White Actor prone to dying...
Yes, Sean "I should be renamed Kenny McCormick" Bean will be Mitsumasa Kido... Famke Janssen is in this too... wait, Sean Bean and Famke Janssen... where have I seen this combo before? ARECIBO OBSERBATORY NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I would make a Golden Eye reference but when I think of Famke all I see is X-3 and that sucks... 
The cast also has Mark Dacascos... yes, THAT Mark Dacascos. You remember him like this:


I prefer to remember him like this:

But we never mention the Double Dragon Movie, OK?

It could be good, but I'm VERY WARY about it. It's Hollywood... on one end we have Alita, which was a good adaptation, but on the other end we have Dragon Ball: Evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment