Sep 20, 2021

Super7 TMNT WAVE 6: Where the Hell are the Thundercats!?

 Also Super7 is not thinking straight...  They increased prices AND toss an Army Builder to an already bloated 4 figure wave, makingnit a 5+ figure wave. 

Let's start from worst to best... Before anyone bitches or moans this is my opinion, not actual facts.

Scratch 

I know the rumors of his super obscure vintage past and rarity. But with all of the available characters, we get Scratch!? It's not a Baad BAD choice and the figure looks nice. It's just that tail end of the line figures weren't as great as 1987-1992 sole exception to this rule is the 1994 Krang's Android body. He's a 1993 figure... and aside Mona Lisa, the 1993 wave sucked ass.

Sewer surfin' Mike

I know this is weird, since I LOVE Michelangelo and this is one of my favorite variants... Problem here is that HE'S A VARIANT. New characters should be a priority over variants. Yes, I'm aware they said that they would try to put in a turtle variant in each wave. On the grand scheme of things, even a Vernon os more exciting than Michelangelo in a surfer bodysuit.

Don't get me wrong the figure looks freaking sweet!! I love that they even added a little wax pads for the surfboard hopefully the skin tones will match normal Michelangelo because that tongue out head would lend itself perfectly for a rock and roll Michelangelo tribute...

5-pack of Mousers

5 is too small of an amount of Mousers. Especially with 2 of them being battle damaged. At $55 this is bordering on a rip-off. There should have been 2 more Mousers here.

Honestly, these should have been a "wave by themselves"... kinda like "wave 2" of Conan was a Single Figure. 

Ace Duck 

The only reason I kinda own AN ace Duck AT ALL is because it came in a 2 pack with Mutagen Man... I say KINDA OWN because it's one of those NECA Items that I ordered and I'm still waiting for... (Movie Foot Soldier 2 pack is the other "MIA" item) 

MOTUC scaled Tommygun and the Mattel TDKR Joker means that those who wanted a MOTUC Gangstor can make one now...

I'm worried about the swappable jacket... unless he has removable arms, swapping those will be a bitch. Wait, wings, no wings... I can think of a couple of jokes I could make... 

So, a guy who isn't exactly a fan of Ace Duck is somehow excited for Ace Duck...

Now for The Best of the wave...
Slash
I'm a bit worried about the nunchuck but other than that he looks pretty great, even if he's slightly bare-bones... but based on how big he is we can kind of guess how big Tokka and Rahzar will be. 

Speaking of where the Hell are the Thundercats,  wave 3 is supposed to be shipping in October, well, except for Cheetara.

No comments:

Post a Comment