Sep 9, 2021

Odds and ends Sept.9 2021: Rick and Morty and other stuff

 Have you ever watched kids shows to make fun of them? I have. Especially in my late High school and early college era. Things like Blue's Clues or Dora the Explorer were ripe targets of my edgy teen humor... Weeellll, A recent short celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Blue's Clues hit me in a way that I didn't expect...

It's basically Steve...

Yes, That Steve giving us a message that apparently made John Cena have a craving for chopped onions... I'm not saying that I cried but I totally cried. It hit me a bit too hard.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Rick and Morty. I've seen a couple of episodes, enjoyed them, but I can't say that it's the funniest shit I've ever seen... well, sadly, the toys are being made by Funko... so I don't think we'll see toys based on the latest Rick and Morty promos.

If only NECA could make these... yes I'm well aware that the show's Origins were from a Back to the Future parody. Having Christopher Lloyd play a dark brown party it's the funniest shit I've ever seen, especially knowing that this dark brown pirate turns himself into a pickle.

Also, the original idea for the promo was to have Harry Potter himself as MORTY... 32 year old Daniel Radcliffe said no... wait, Harry Potter is 32!? My back!!


Resident Evil Live Action reboot somehow manages to FAIL at being accurate, despite being far more accurate than Resident Milla.

I'm not going to comment on the obvious, How does  a White Frenchman and a Japanese woman can make a black woman. Or that aside from being female she doesn't look like Jill. Nope! Nor gonna comment on that... or that Jill and Wesker are an item in this reboot...
Looks like it's up to Claire and Leon to continue the Redfield Bloodline...
No, seriously, What. The. Fuck. Do you even Resident Evil!?

But notice something? Take a look at "Wesker"...

All I wanted to do was a Why in the Hell Wesker isn't wearing Glasses joke!? Wait, Netflix just did a big Social Justice No-No... they just made a minority evil and therefore racist... but seriously, can't they stick to the Source Material!? 


That was a Japanese Resident Evil 2 ad woth Brad Renfro as Leon S. Kennedy

Wait... is this Resident Evil or an Episode of Victorious? I've noticed something: it seems that only the females get their outfits altered...
Where's Jill's Beret? Where's Claire's ponytail?
Not going to comment on Indian Leon...
Oh yeah! Movie combines Resident Evil 1 and 2... what a bunch of morons. The only 2 games that you can combine into one movie are Resident Evil 2 AND 3!! DO YOU EVEN RESIDENT EVIL!?

To be fair this looks much better than the Paul WS Anderson movies... but that's saying that Tommy Wiseau is a better detective than Uwe Boll.

No comments:

Post a Comment