Sep 8, 2021

Todd McFarlane's Princess Bride toys have been teased

 Sadly, no Vizzini or Humperdink figures shown. Wave 1 consists of Fezzik, Iñigo Montoya, Princess Buttercup, and the Dread Pirate Roberts.


I wonder if Todd will make R O.U.S. in addition to Rugen, Humperdink, etc.

But, I want a Fred Savage and his grandpa.

This scene hurts me a lot. Especially knowing what Mandy Patinkin was going through with his father's death. The beauty of using this scene as a way to cope with his own sorrows is incredible. I'm jealous of him in a way.  He was able to find peace through his craft. I've been crying for the past 10 minutes, because of this scene. It hits a LOT, LOT HARDER after suffering a loss. I felt a lot of pain with each " my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die" but at the same time I also felt happiness. I don't know how to explain it. 

But I'm kind of disappointed that McFarlane is doing them... the likenesses aren't that great. NECA Probably would've done a much better work... now can we get Robin Hood Men in Tights figures?

No comments:

Post a Comment