Oct 2, 2021

It came from the toy chest: Dilophosaur round 2

 


The Amber collection Dilophosaur is an incredibly expensive item... I got a cheaper one. A Dilo whose action feature is activated by jacking the tail. You jack it up and it opens its mouth and the frills move forward. It possesses minimal articulation and there's no reason to get one other than it being a prop for that guy that Seinfeld hates...

Dennis Nedry, played by the late Wayne Knight... dammit, I should've bought that Mafex Michael Jordan when I had the chance... and the Hasbro Venkman too if you are cultured enough, you know where that's going.
As I was saying, Nedry, the underpaid IT guy who built up the entire sfotware from Hammond's park... Spike! Roll the clip!

That leads Nedry making a side deal with InGen's biggest competitor BioSyn. By stealing Hammond's Dino embryos and smuggling them inside a modified Shaving Cream can, Nedry would get a lump sum of cash better than whatever Hammond was paying. He only gets to steal the embryos because Jurassic Park finds a way to screw everything up. Nedry ends up being eaten by the Dilo... and that's why I bought one.
Nedry: Hey there little fella, Mattel spared no expense and gave me no Jeep. Can we skip the whole you eating me part, since I have no car.
Dilophosaur: *chirping noises*


Articulation 
Our pal Nedry has enough articulation that he can almost pass as a Marvel Legends figure. 
4.5
Nedry: Aaaargh! This stings like hell!
I thought we had a deal!
Dilophosaur: *hisses*
Nedry: Jerry, you son of a b-
Dilophosaur: *chirps in I'm altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further*


Paint and sculpt
I mentioned he's "Marvel Legends passing" because he doesn't look like Wayne Knight. He looks like an Irish version of Gabriel Iglesias, or with a bit of rescultping on the head (hairdo and adding a mustache and beard) he has the potential of turning into a Max Modell figure. 
The paintjob is decent. The muddy details are super subtle. You can pose him with the othwr figures and you won't notice the mud on him, but if you pose him in a jungly environment with the dilo, you will see the mud.
4.0
All I see is an Irish Gabriel Iglesias...


Accessories 
Shaving Cream smuggling device (2 pieces)
2 extra hands
Extra head (Dilo spittled Nedry)

He has enough stuff for a death of Nedry scene, BUT I kinda want a second Nedry based on how he looked when they were in the control room.

He would only require a new torso and forearms. Different accessories mainly the soda, the stress toy, and headset... but that ain't happening. So I'll give him a 
4.0
Overall
Nedry gets a 4.17 as his final score. He's a really good figure, likeness issues aside, but he needed a little something to make him pop. Now all I need is Grant, Muldoon, Gennaro, Wu, Tim, and Lex... I didn't mention Mr. Arnold, because I already have him. He will come out the toy chest soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment