Nov 3, 2022

I gave Death Stranding a second chance...

I mentioned this already and mentioned how much I hated it all over again... that was a slight exaggeration. I still stand that Death Stranding is NOT A GREAT GAME, especially since it feels like a watered down MGSV with an annoying mechanic or two. Not to mention that the story is a bunch of Kojimaisms and a circle jerk towards the former Konami genius who gave us Metal Gear.

Now here's the thing: I've been fixated on getting all folks to 5 stars, which ahs shown me the greatness and the awfulness of the game. When I first played it, I did it offline, because it's a single player game and it shouldn't need online intervention. Now i played this new game online and it's both great and awful. Online you get access to a ton of stuff once you connect a person to the Chiral Network like their structures like timefall shelters, generators, zip-lines, etc. In BT battles, "phantom players" can help you by throwing weapons, ammo, blood packs to "help you in battle". This makes the game easier... and to an extent, a bit more fun. Problem is that it's still Death Stranding. Also, It seems that Metal Gear Survive and Death Stranding have some common DNA. It almost makes me want to play Survive. Or maybe replay MGSV...

No comments:

Post a Comment